The Student Room Group

Careers without finishing ACCA

Hi all, looking for some advice please. I have passed 5 ACCA exams and have no exemptions. My career started with ledger experience at a big FTSE 500 company, then more recently worked for two years at a very well known brand as a finance analyst doing mainly budgeting, forecasting, analysis, reporting, improving processes and systems etc.

My problem is that before each exam I get very sick. It's a stress related ulcer which stops me doing anything for at least a week, even walking and sitting are painful and it's very depressing. I think stopping studying might prevent this reoccuring.

My question is, what career can I pursue if I quit ACCA when I really enjoy the finance analysis and technical work I mentioned? I am ambitious so I had been thinking to find a similar job in a bigger company and move sideways out of the accounting dept as a PMO or business analyst and could perhaps still keep the same career and salary trajectory?

One day I'd really like to work abroad in a big financially focused city so I want experience/career that can help me with that. I'm also very quiet and like to be left alone with my work.

If you have ideas about how I can change my career slightly whilst keeping the salary and work similar, please share with me! Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending