Sixth forms in London that accept year 12 repeats?? Watch

FishCakes101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need to repeat/retake year 12 could you please tell me every sixth form/college you know in London, Hackney that accept retakes or repeats from other sixth form colleges. ASAP please.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FishCakes101)
I need to repeat/retake year 12 could you please tell me every sixth form/college you know that accept retakes or repeats from other sixth form colleges. ASAP please.
London is massive. Where specifically so people can try and help?

Also, you should be able to do your own research at this age... Type in google maps "College" and go onto individual websites, find their contact number and phone them.
FishCakes101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
London is massive. Where specifically so people can try and help?

Also, you should be able to do your own research at this age... Type in google maps "College" and go onto individual websites, find their contact number and phone them.
Of course the first thing I did was immediately apply to other colleges. And do you know any that do this, in Hackney?
sxckerpxnch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
City and Islington does
username3479196
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey Brooke House Sixth form college does(BSIX)
FishCakes101
Rep:
?
(Original post by AtomicAJ)
City and Islington does
U sure? I need to study science subjects, has anyone been in the same position as me at city?
Kiniun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
U sure? I need to study science subjects, has anyone been in the same position as me at city?
Yeah I know someone. They were only accepted a few days before the first day of college tho and had extenuating circumstances for wanting to retake so it depends

They're quite popular and need to prioritise year 11 students so call them up if they have any spaces available first
sxckerpxnch
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yep, me 😂 I decided to leave my old sixth form and so I called them up and went to the enrolment day. They gave me the option of continuing on to year 13 however the exam boards were different from my old school and I thought that was too risky due to syllabus differences, so instead I repeated year 12 (I've just finished it). My subjects are Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French. I'm sure you won't be the only one there that will be repeating year 12
FishCakes101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kiniun)
Yeah I know someone. They were only accepted a few days before the first day of college tho and had extenuating circumstances for wanting to retake so it depends

They're quite popular and need to prioritise year 11 students so call them up if they have any spaces available first
Could you give me examples of circumstances for wanting to repeat A-levels, I think I have one, and would you need evidence?
FishCakes101
Rep:
?
Yep, me 😂 I decided to leave my old sixth form and so I called them up and went to the enrolment day. They gave me the option of continuing on to year 13 however the exam boards were different from my old school and I thought that was too risky due to syllabus differences, so instead I repeated year 12 (I've just finished it). My subjects are Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French. I'm sure you won't be the only one there that will be repeating year 12
Thnx, but I really don't know what to say to them, what did u, any advice?
sxckerpxnch
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yep the course places get taken up quite quickly so I'd be quick on enrolment day (it's like a first come first serve basis, and there's a large screen with each subject and how many places are left, when the places run out it says "FULL"
FishCakes101
Rep:
?
Yep that happened to me too lol, they accepted me j

Yep the course places get taken up quite quickly so I'd be quick on enrolment day (it's like a first come first serve basis, and there's a large screen with each subject and how many places are left, when the places run out it says "FULL"
Atomic is this in city of islington? And should I call them first or just go right away with my failed AS results and GCSE certificates, I failed subjects like bio and chem but really want to do it again, would city give me a chance to study those subjects again? Thkx
username3479196
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Atomic is this in city of islington? And should I call them first or just go right away with my failed AS results and GCSE certificates, I failed subjects like bio and chem but really want to do it again, would city give me a chance to study those subjects again? Thkx
Hey Bsix does they are really helpful and have loads of students in the same postion as you.
sxckerpxnch
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thnx, but I really don't know what to say to them, what did u, any advice?
They're really supportive so don't be scared or anything, they honestly aren't so strict about reasons they'll just want to help you out. You could simply just say that your results weren't as good as you hoped. I know someone who got kicked out of their sixth form for getting below a D in their maths AS and they got accepted. You don't need proof, they'll give you advice though and make sure you really want to repeat year 12.
sxckerpxnch
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah City and Islington sixth form college. You don't HAVE to call them but I would anyways, you never know and it's best to be sure. When I went to the enrolment I brought my GCSE grades
Kiniun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could you give me examples of circumstances for wanting to repeat A-levels, I think I have one, and would you need evidence?
It was more for medical reasons, she was in and out of hospital for like 3 months and she had a teacher at her sixth form that was heavily complained about by teachers and students and the school only did something about it last minute. I think the teacher was fired or something for being verbally abusive/a bully/misconduct in lessons and her class had a lot of supply teachers in the end

I also know a college called Sir George Monoux that accept retakes
FishCakes101
Rep:
?
They're really supportive so don't be scared or anything, they honestly aren't so strict about reasons they'll just want to help you out. You could simply just say that your results weren't as good as you hoped. I know someone who got kicked out of their sixth form for getting below a D in their maths AS and they got accepted. You don't need proof, they'll give you advice though and make sure you really want to repeat year 12.
What shall I say to them? Do u think it would be best to call them right now...or go to their enrollment day with certificates and AS results? btw I got uubc the u's were in bio and chem.
sxckerpxnch
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What shall I say to them? Do u think it would be best to call them right now...or go to their enrollment day with certificates and AS results? btw I got uubc the u's were in bio and chem.
I'd call them up first. Just say that you've just completed year 12 but as your AS results weren't as good as you hoped, you want to repeat the year. Ask if this is possible (it is but still, it's good to ask). If it makes you feel any better, I got a U in my chemistry mock last year and this year I'm at an A for me it was about choosing the right sixth form for me, unfortunately the first one I chose wasn't.
FishCakes101
Rep:
?
I'd call them up first. Just say that you've just completed year 12 but as your AS results weren't as good as you hoped, you want to repeat the year. Ask if this is possible (it is but still, it's good to ask). If it makes you feel any better, I got a U in my chemistry mock last year and this year I'm at an A for me it was about choosing the right sixth form for me, unfortunately the first one I chose wasn't.
I just called City & Islington, they said I had to wait until 1st September to call back about it. They said if courses were available on 1st September I could join but I doubt it as science a levels are popular. Thanks for the help though.
sxckerpxnch
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just called City & Islington, they said I had to wait until 1st September to call back about it. They said if courses were available on 1st September I could join but I doubt it as science a levels are popular. Thanks for the help though.
Because the sciences are so popular, they have loads of spaces for it. I was one of the last people to enrol on the day and there were still places for biology, chemistry and maths once I'd confirmed my place. Who knows though maybe they've changed it this year or had more applications.. if you end up going to enrolment day, go as early as possible. it was a longgg process last year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads

Latest