Should I resit maths

Watch this thread
anji1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I did my AS maths and I got 233 UMS overall, as I'm hoping to apply to medicine next year I need an A/A* overall ? I was considering resitting C1 but some med schools don't really like it? Is it better I resit or just make up for it next year as I need an average of 82 over next years modules and I did very well in C2 this year ?
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anji1234)
I did my AS maths and I got 233 UMS overall, as I'm hoping to apply to medicine next year I need an A/A* overall ? I was considering resitting C1 but some med schools don't really like it? Is it better I resit or just make up for it next year as I need an average of 82 over next years modules and I did very well in C2 this year ?
You need to look at the specific entrance policy re resits for the medical schools you are applying to. Most dont mind resits as long as they are in the 2 year window.
Mathsmad123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Almost all med schools allow re sits within the 2 year window. Obviously the wise thing to do is contact the med you schools you want to apply by phone/email before you apply. Some med schools like notts only allow 1 re sit per subject. But like i said almost all med schools are fine with you re sitting as much as you want in 2 year period.
Yes you must get A/A* in your final A2 exams. And I defo say you should re sit C1/C2 as these become SO easy once you have done C3/C4.
The only topics covered in C1/C2 that are not in C3/C4 (for edexcel) are arthimetric and geometric sequences, circles!
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As others have said, your best move would be to contact thyou specific medical schools that you're interested in and ask them. Most medical schools won't mind if it's within the 2 years of your A-Levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (78)
18.89%
The paper was reasonable (154)
37.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
28.33%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
15.5%

Watched Threads