The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

How much time spent on campus?

I'm thinking of applying to UoL, and I'm trying to figure out how much commuting I might need to do. Apart from the lectures and classes, do I need to come in for anything? Especially RE library books: will we need to spend time in the library looking at reference books, or is it all or mostly online?
Original post by bcowan
I'm thinking of applying to UoL, and I'm trying to figure out how much commuting I might need to do. Apart from the lectures and classes, do I need to come in for anything? Especially RE library books: will we need to spend time in the library looking at reference books, or is it all or mostly online?

Hi, are you at the UoL now? If so, how is it and what's it like?
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Need to know what sarah488 has asked as same q is in my mind too
Hi Atiq,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm a current BPTC student based at the Birmingham campus.

Any books you need will either be given to you in hard copy at the start of the course or made available online. The University also gives you access to a range of online legal databases which you will be able to use to conduct any legal research. You won't be at a disadvantage if you only attend campus for the timetabled sessions as the resources provided to you are more than enough. I usually use physical visits to the library to conduct wider reading around certain subjects.

However, the University will host a range of campus based events relating to networking, career building etc and I would encourage you to attend these if possible. The University also offers an employability/careers service as well as an open door policy with all subject tutors - you will be able to access most of the components of these services electronically via phone/email if needs be.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Shehraz

Original post by bcowan
Hi Saarah,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you considering a course at ULaw? What course are you considering and where are you hoping to study?

I am a current BPTC student at the Birmingham campus, studying part time. I have been at ULaw for a long time as I also did my undergraduate degree here.

ULaw students really are in the best place to commence their legal careers as the connections with the profession are strong and everyone is always willing to help. The teaching style is very practically focussed on all courses so you are being made to think like a professional from day one. This has been invaluable for me when it came to finding a job after my studies.

The cohort of students is usually so varied as well. You will end up meeting people from all walks of life - different countries, different age groups, different career paths... after my studies some of my closest friends are situated at different points in the world. There really is a family feel at ULaw.

Overall it's a brilliant place to study and you'll get alot out of your time with the institution.

If you have any more questions please let me know!

Shehraz

Original post by Saarah488
Hi, are you at the UoL now? If so, how is it and what's it like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending