The Student Room Group

Any advice for A2?

Hi so I'm starting year 13 this September and I've heard that it's way harder than AS, do you have any advice? I'm really hoping for at least AAB (ideally AAA)
Reply 1
I just completed mine and let me tell you , if youre one of those people who has to work for grades you better start revising asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
- Use class notes, they have the information you need.
-organise your folder daily
-make a timetable
Original post by AtomicAJ
Hi so I'm starting year 13 this September and I've heard that it's way harder than AS, do you have any advice? I'm really hoping for at least AAB (ideally AAA)

Keep on top of everything from the get go, and work consistently

Couple of things actually.
1. Be your teacher's friend, meet your teachers regularly, if there is anything you dont understand ask for help(literally no harm there)
2. Keep good company, yr 13 you dont have time to mess around, unserious friends will make you unserious, by all means make sure you live your life and have fun but don't be carried away by the worng crowd
3. stay motivated, This is the hardest part, you start off serious then its only natural that you'll lose motivation as the year continues. Just find something that motivates you, whether that is you university offer letter or pictures of your uni or something. Find it and let it spur you on.
4. Practice regularly, go online find questions on your subject choice and perfect your answering skills, question papers, textbook questions they'll help massively if you put your mind to it. Give them to a friend or your teacher to mark and go over them with you. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.
5. Revise for your mocks like its the real deal. Perfect stage for you to simulate the real exams, and when you end up with A stars and A's in your mocks its a really good feeling. Then all you have to do is repeat that in A levels exams and you're good
6. HAVE FUN! You can't revise every second so make sure you take some breathers have a day off in a week where you just unwind and live your life. This stops you from burning out and allows you to reset.

Goodluck in year 13! I'm going into it as well and hopefully it'll be all smiles at the end
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Oruese
Couple of things actually.
1. Be your teacher's friend, meet your teachers regularly, if there is anything you dont understand ask for help(literally no harm there)
2. Keep good company, yr 13 you dont have time to mess around, unserious friends will make you unserious, by all means make sure you live your life and have fun but don't be carried away by the worng crowd
3. stay motivated, This is the hardest part, you start off serious then its only natural that you'll lose motivation as the year continues. Just find something that motivates you, whether that is you university offer letter or pictures of your uni or something. Find it and let it spur you on.
4. Practice regularly, go online find questions on your subject choice and perfect your answering skills, question papers, textbook questions they'll help massively if you put your mind to it. Give them to a friend or your teacher to mark and go over them with you. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.
5. Revise for your mocks like its the real deal. Perfect stage for you to simulate the real exams, and when you end up with A stars and A's in your mocks its a really good feeling. Then all you have to do is repeat that in A levels exams and you're good
6. HAVE FUN! You can't revise every second so make sure you take some breathers have a day off in a week where you just unwind and live your life. This stops you from burning out and allows you to reset.

Goodluck in year 13! I'm going into it as well and hopefully it'll be all smiles at the end

Thank you so much! Those all sound really helpful, good luck to you too :smile:
Thank you so much! Those all sound really helpful, good luck to you too :smile:

how have you found them so far?
Original post by Oruese
how have you found them so far?

i haven't actually started school yet (I go back on Wednesday). how about you? :smile:
i haven't actually started school yet (I go back on Wednesday). how about you? :smile:

woah my school started way too early then...
Its starting to get tough right about now, and i need to follow my own advice to get through the year lol

Quick Reply

Latest