The Student Room Group

What is the average starting salary for your degree?

I am studying Computer Science and the average starting salary is £21,840 according to Unistats

Scroll to see replies

I am studying Economics and the average starting salary for my degree is £26,000. I am currently earning £2,000 above my average :h:
Original post by coutinho1996
I am studying Economics and the average starting salary for my degree is £26,000. I am currently earning £2,000 above my average :h:

What do you do?
Reply 3
£21,840 seems very low for an average graduate salary in Comp Sci, I don't think that's right. A lot of graduate roles go for at least £25,000, I've not seen anything lower than that tbh.
Original post by UWS
£21,840 seems very low for an average graduate salary in Comp Sci, I don't think that's right. A lot of graduate roles go for at least £25,000, I've not seen anything lower than that tbh.

I think he is talking about university specific average salaries.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
What do you do?

Economics/stats related work for HM Treasury.
Reply 6
Original post by stevenmoore
I am studying Computer Science and the average starting salary is £21,840 according to Unistats

That's not true computer science average starting salary is 25-30k if you apply to the right companies
Original post by stevenmoore

That's quite bad - you can earn that amount straight after studying IT at an FE college.
Original post by coutinho1996
Economics/stats related work for HM Treasury.

That's pretty cool
Economics average of 26k. Starting salary is 7k more
Original post by UWS

Ngl, questioning whether I should just move to america after I do my masters in computer science. Software engineering starting salaries are soooo much higher in the US than the uk.
Guys I'm doing Computer Science and now this thread has me worried! I thought starting salary for CompSci is 25k-28k (with or without placement year)?
Original post by Ryanthom100
Ngl, questioning whether I should just move to america after I do my masters in computer science. Software engineering starting salaries are soooo much higher in the US than the uk.

In Silicon Valley, starting salaries are higher, but housing costs are off the charts. Then there's the issue of visas.

The very top CS graduates should be expecting £35-40k outside of London.
(edited 6 years ago)
Going to medical school next month but yeah I think it is like 22k or something hahahaha
Reply 14
Between £25,000-£35,000 as an actuary.
Original post by RogerOxon
In Silicon Valley, starting salaries are higher, but housing costs are off the charts. Then there's the issue of visas.

The very top CS graduates should be expecting £35-40k outside of London.

Is that good? Also visas ain't that much of an issue apparently, there's a visa that gives u 3 years to find work, in that time u can apply for US residency, if u have work in 3 years, u can stay an extra 3 years.
Original post by Ryanthom100
Also visas ain't that much of an issue apparently, there's a visa that gives u 3 years to find work, in that time u can apply for US residency, if u have work in 3 years, u can stay an extra 3 years.

Where did you get that info from? I'd be amazed if it were true, having been through the visa (L1 and H1) and green card processes.
Got the info from this website, scroll down to the 'Can I get to silicon valley?'
Original post by RogerOxon
Where did you get that info from? I'd be amazed if it were true, having been through the visa (L1 and H1) and green card processes.

Got the info from this website, scroll down to the 'Can I get to silicon valley?' Part. Its called the H1-B visa.
The average starting salary for new vets is about £25,000

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending