The Student Room Group

Why is Game of Thrones Season 7 getting so much HATE and complains?

I have noticed this but ever since season 6, there isn't much love for Game of thrones online. When ever I look at clips of the early seasons, I would see how much praise people would give in in youtube, facebook and twitter comments. So now whenever I see clips from season 6 and 7 online, people seem to bash the show so hard. It is like seeing your best freind getting abused and it makes me feel a bit upset. What are your thoughts on this?
Reply 1
Because the show has gone downhill, the quality of production is still top tier however the directors are having burnout issues and they just want to move onto another show. Since Season 5 they ran out of content from GRRM and from there the writing has also been questionable. Another issue I have is why do so many characters have plot armour stopping them from dying in certain situations when we have seen other characters die. Finally, JETPACKS, everyone who needs them for the plot has one to help them hop all over the world to be convenient for the story.

In conclusion the show is still top tier in production however it lacking in areas it used to excel in, there are so many plot holes and now it is just being flat up rushed to hurry up and end it. This tends to happen with most large shows as they gain popularity, hence why the ratings are still stupidly high for season 7 of Game of Thrones even though I personally believe it to be the worst ever
I think the main issue season 7 isn't getting much love is because it's been quite slow compared to other seasons, not as much action apart from the last two episodes and lets be honest, they killed one of Dany's dragons.

And it's not going the way the fans want it to go. Plus everyone is pretty much dead so they're left with less stories and content. It's not as diverse anymore when it comes to the storylines, it's just about the walkers and the battle between Dany and Cersei.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah the show has steadily been going down hill since season 5. I have liked a few things about the most recent season because it's payoff for a lot of build up from previous seasons. But yeah writing isn't great anymore. The plot and character interactions feel extremely contrived.
See I thought the problem everyone has is that season 7 seems rushed. It seems there is always something cataclysmic happening in each episode, and there's less planning/scheming compared to previous seasons. I personally don't mind this, but a lot of people seem to really mind it. Apparently I'm one of the few who find this season the most gripping and exciting, although everyone I've spoken to irl agree that it's just as great as it's always been.

Can't believe season 7 finishes on Sunday whattttt
the whole show is pretty reliant on shock factor which season 7 is lacking
seems like its just one big build up for the final season.
You wait like 5 seasons for anything interesting dragon related but they cram it into 7 episodes forcing out other important things like plausible conversations, motives and explaining time related plot holes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending