420bLaZe420
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone staying in Southmede court or anyone who knows anything about this accommodation, talk to me, I was allocated this today so I don't know much about it :confused:
elliehb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I lived in southmeade corurt last year and loved it- its close to the bus stop on manor road that you'll need to go to if you've got any hope of getting the bus for 9am lectures and the layout of the blocks is really sociable. Which house are you in?
ogimeister
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you are catered what happens? Do you get breakfast and dinner and then a meal card for lunch?
420bLaZe420
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So you essentially use your uni id card as a contactless card: £40 a week from your accommodation payments is put on the card and you can spend it however you like. Food at the food court on site of the student village wasn't really for me but it's basically like a *****y school dinner, you can use the money on your id card at any cafe, food stall or shop on campus which is where you'll get lunch if you're at uni. Never woke up early enough for the breakfasts so can't comment on them. Word of warning: that £40 that goes onto the card every week isn't actually enough for 3 meals a day because everything's a bit overpriced but you can easily make breakfast eg cereal or toast in your kitchen. Btw your enjoyment of southmeade court (if that's where you're staying ((but same goes for any accommodation actually))) will 100% depend on if you get on with your flatmates or if they're not your type of people. I don't know if you saw the accomodation at any point but it is in fact a **** hole but you can make it your **** hole. Good luck x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise