The Student Room Group

Can I cancel my application and start another one right away?

I was told that as a child of an EEA migrant worker, I can apply online. However, I am under the impression that I probably started the wrong online application or something, so I am thinking of cancelling it and starting another one.

At the moment, when I click to complete my application, they ask if I am a UK national (I am not), what my country of nationality is, and what situation best describes my circumstances (the answer here is being the child of a migrant worker). It ends by saying I cannot apply online, even though I am a child of a migrant worker and I was told I can do that online.

Was the information I was given (that children of migrant workers can apply online) incorrect or did I just start a wrong online application? If it is the latter, can I cancel it and start another one immediately or not?
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi Michiyo,

It doesn't sound as if you have actually started the application as you would have needed to be logged into your online account and if this is the case there wouldn't be an application to cancel. If you had indicated you were an EU student then it wouldn't let you apply online as a Child of a Migrant Worker (COMW) as you need to apply as a home student for this.

To do this, assuming you have never had funding from us before you can register for an online account by clicking here and once logged on you can go into make a new application. The questions on the application will let us know that you are applying as a COMW and the Migrant Worker team will process your application for this.

Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Laura S SFE
x

Thank for the reply. However, I am pretty sure I did start an application. I have an account and I am logged on it.

On the homepage, it says 'YOUR APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE'. When I click on 'Complete your application', the questions mentioned in the OP come up and I am told I cannot apply online due to my residency status. Not sure if that affects anything, but I live outside the UK. When I click on 'Re-apply or start another application', I get the message 'You already have a student finance application for 2017/18'. :s-smilie:

My best guess is that I chose EU for my current application, hence why I was wondering if I can just cancel it and make another application straight away.

Do you have any other idea on how to solve this?
Original post by Michiyo
Thank for the reply. However, I am pretty sure I did start an application. I have an account and I am logged on it.

On the homepage, it says 'YOUR APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE'. When I click on 'Complete your application', the questions mentioned in the OP come up and I am told I cannot apply online due to my residency status. Not sure if that affects anything, but I live outside the UK. When I click on 'Re-apply or start another application', I get the message 'You already have a student finance application for 2017/18'. :s-smilie:

My best guess is that I chose EU for my current application, hence why I was wondering if I can just cancel it and make another application straight away.

Do you have any other idea on how to solve this?

Hi Michiyo,

If you have applied as an EU student you would need to cancel that application before starting one under the Migrant Worker scheme.

To do this you need to submit a change of circumstance form (EUCO1) which can be downloaded from here.

You can also submit a paper application form in the same envelope with a cover letter explaining the issue. Or wait for it to be cancelled and then apply online.

Thanks,

Stuart
Reply 4
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Michiyo,

If you have applied as an EU student you would need to cancel that application before starting one under the Migrant Worker scheme.

To do this you need to submit a change of circumstance form (EUCO1) which can be downloaded from here.

You can also submit a paper application form in the same envelope with a cover letter explaining the issue. Or wait for it to be cancelled and then apply online.

Thanks,

Stuart

Thank you!

So, basically, I cannot just cancel the application and start another one online straight away.

How long would it take for the application to be cancelled so I can apply online? And can the proof be submitted in scanned form and sent to an email address or must it be sent by paper? I do not have much time left, so I would rather apply online and send the proof online if possible.
Original post by Michiyo
Thank you!

So, basically, I cannot just cancel the application and start another one online straight away.

How long would it take for the application to be cancelled so I can apply online? And can the proof be submitted in scanned form and sent to an email address or must it be sent by paper? I do not have much time left, so I would rather apply online and send the proof online if possible.

Hi Michiyo,

To ensure no further delay, we would recommend completing a paper based application (PN1) with a cover letter explaining this with the required evidence. You will be able to find the required form from the link below:

http://ow.ly/2hqW30eFLWk

The address to then return this information to is:

Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks,

Mark

Quick Reply