The Student Room Group

When a recruitment agency promises to call you back next day?

I applied for a job very recently within the creative arts to work as a creative designer.

A recruitment agent emailed me out of the blue, asking me if the company would still be of interest and if the technical spec matched my skills.

To which I responded with yes and I'd be happy for him to pass my details on to the firm.

He responds with, I will call you tomorrow morning for a chat.

In the email he attached the bit where the employer opts for Interested: Yes-No-or-Rejected. Rejected was stipulated. The job I applied for was on Indeed jobsite.

But I don't get why he sent me that, where it was accidental or why the agency is contacting me if the employer isn't interested>
Original post by Anonymous
I applied for a job very recently within the creative arts to work as a creative designer.

A recruitment agent emailed me out of the blue, asking me if the company would still be of interest and if the technical spec matched my skills.

To which I responded with yes and I'd be happy for him to pass my details on to the firm.

He responds with, I will call you tomorrow morning for a chat.

In the email he attached the bit where the employer opts for Interested: Yes-No-or-Rejected. Rejected was stipulated. The job I applied for was on Indeed jobsite.

But I don't get why he sent me that, where it was accidental or why the agency is contacting me if the employer isn't interested>

Recruitment agencies are a numbers game. They try and find as many candidates on their books that will fulfil the client's remit in the hope that they find one that they like and they can charge their 'finder's fee'.

Given that they've contacted you out of the blue- it sounds like they're struggling to come up with the goods and have forwarded your CV as a last hope.
If the recruitment company do call it will probably only be to harvest your CV for future job roles- it's up to you whether you want to allow them to do this.

Meanwhile, if the company is really of interest to you- rejig your CV and send it to them. Show some interest to them directly.

Quick Reply