DrLuciferStrange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just want to know if unis will reject students that have ADHD. This is not to say I have it but just wanted to know😂
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RetakeStudent07)
I just want to know if unis will reject students that have ADHD. This is not to say I have it but just wanted to know😂
if it's declared they can't use it against you.( Equality Act 2004 regulations)
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
if it's declared they can't use it against you.( Equality Act 2004 regulations)
Ah so they can't reject an applicant based on them having symptoms of ADHD. Thanks lad
Basiil17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah so they can't reject an applicant based on them having symptoms of ADHD. Thanks lad
Yes as long as it's on UCAS ( there's a section for this stuff).
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Yes as long as it's on UCAS ( there's a section for this stuff).
What do you mean by that? You need to submit it to ucas? or mention it? or do you mean that as long as ucas mentions the disorder?
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you mean by that? You need to submit it to ucas? or mention it? or do you mean that as long as ucas mentions the disorder?
There is a section on ucas that asks you to declare any health conditions. The unis will see this declaration.
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
(Original post by Airmed)
There is a section on ucas that asks you to declare any health conditions. The unis will see this declaration.
Ah okay. Thank you. If you don't declare it will they discriminate against you in the application process? What if you do not wish to submit such information?😂
Basiil17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just checked on my 2018 Apply account and the section we're discussing is called Disability/Special needs, and it's a dropdown box to fill in.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah okay. Thank you. If you don't declare it will they discriminate against you in the application process? What if you do not wish to submit such information?😂
You won't be discriminated against. It's up to you. Truthfully I would tell them now. You can get help (DSA) and declaring it now means a lot less hassle down the line.
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
I just checked on my 2018 Apply account and the section we're discussing is called Disability/Special needs, and it's a dropdown box to fill in.
I will be starting mine soon. Really need to start my ps😂
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
(Original post by Airmed)
You won't be discriminated against. It's up to you. Truthfully I would tell them now. You can get help (DSA) and declaring it now means a lot less hassle down the line.
Ah okay. Thank you both for your help
*pitseleh*
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What the others have said is true: universities are not supposed to discriminate against you if you declare you have a medical/mental health condition.

However, if you're planning to become a doctor, you will have an ongoing duty to ensure that your symptoms are adequately controlled to enable you to do the job safely, and to declare any lapses in your health that might impair your ability to work. Basically if you're open about it and taking care of yourself (i.e. seeking appropriate help when needed and not forcing yourself to soldier on if and when you're too unwell to work), you'll be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (212)
53.13%
No (187)
46.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed