The Student Room Group

SOAS hasn't confirmed my place yet even though I exceeded my conditions?

Im beginning to get a little nervous. I applied to SOAS for social anthropology (BA) and received a conditional offer. I live in Germany and received my final results back in June. I promptly sent them in to SOAS as well as my (at the time) firm choice. I failed to meet the conditions of my firm, and received my rejection from them on august 17. SOAS was my insurance but is now my firm choice (on UCAS) and I've exceeded my conditions. I emailed the undergraduate admissions staff a few weeks ago since I was confused as to why I hadn't received confirmation then already. They asked me to resend my results but didn't say roughly by when I could expect my conditional offer to be made unconditional. I emailed again upon seeing the updated status in UCAS track that SOAS is now my firm choice but they haven't responded to that email at all. I've also tried calling countless times but no one ever picks up. I was counting on student accommodation but since SOAS was my insurance I couldn't apply. By now almost all the accommodation is full.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do next? How do I get in touch with the undergraduate admissions? Is it normal for unis to reply so late?Am i stressing out for no reason?
Original post by Letseatpizzah
Im beginning to get a little nervous. I applied to SOAS for social anthropology (BA) and received a conditional offer. I live in Germany and received my final results back in June. I promptly sent them in to SOAS as well as my (at the time) firm choice. I failed to meet the conditions of my firm, and received my rejection from them on august 17. SOAS was my insurance but is now my firm choice (on UCAS) and I've exceeded my conditions. I emailed the undergraduate admissions staff a few weeks ago since I was confused as to why I hadn't received confirmation then already. They asked me to resend my results but didn't say roughly by when I could expect my conditional offer to be made unconditional. I emailed again upon seeing the updated status in UCAS track that SOAS is now my firm choice but they haven't responded to that email at all. I've also tried calling countless times but no one ever picks up. I was counting on student accommodation but since SOAS was my insurance I couldn't apply. By now almost all the accommodation is full.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do next? How do I get in touch with the undergraduate admissions? Is it normal for unis to reply so late?Am i stressing out for no reason?

does your track say firmly accepted?
Your place will be confirmed at this university or college if you meet the conditions of this offer.
(Conditional offer (firmly accepted))

This is what it says...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending