The Student Room Group

Nursing personal statement

I'm applying for uni this year and wanna start my personal statement but really unsure as to what to put in it. I'm applying for nursing, not exactly sure if children or adults yet but still want to have a start at the statement. Any ideas?
Firstly, I think you should have a good think in regards to either adult or child nursing as both are very different.

Make sure to write about the understanding you have of the role, why specifically adult/child nursing, what makes you right for the vocation (skills, qualities and values). Be sure to write about any experiences that have helped you understand the role (such as caring for a family member, relevant work experience).

Hope this helps and could give you a start to get some writing in motion.
Original post by Holl98
I'm applying for uni this year and wanna start my personal statement but really unsure as to what to put in it. I'm applying for nursing, not exactly sure if children or adults yet but still want to have a start at the statement. Any ideas?

Hi, the last poster as given some great advice. Just thought I'd let you know that you can have a read if other people's personal statement for nursing on the student room & studential, although your ps will be personal to you, it can sometimes help to have a look at other people's to get an idea of what can work.
Some universities also give advice on their websites about personal statements, this may be specific to nursing or just general.
I hope this helps.
Original post by Holl98

If you check out the link in my signature below there is a document which gives advice on your personal statement.

You really need to have made a decision about which branch of nursing you wish to pursue before starting your PS. It will be impossible to write about relevant experiences and really tailor it to the course until you have made a decision.
Original post by Holl98

I would also recommend including the values of the NHS (6 C's). As an admissions advisor, I always give extra credit to students who know a bit more about the NHS and the specific trust they want to be placed with. Make sure you present yourself as a caring person that is aware of the current issues and advancements in the field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending