The Student Room Group

Revision tips for y11

I am going into y11. Does anyone have any tips to improve grades or any tips for revising for exams?
Revision technique is very personal. Most studies say that simply reading information isn't very effective and active processes are better. Personally for GCSE's I used a combination of re reading notes and flashcards. For A Levels I did the same in addition of posters and YouTube videos and other external sources (didn't have the greatest teachers :redface:) and A Level content takes a bit deeper understanding.

I think the most important thing is to make effort in lesson all year and then revision is only revision, not learning. Ask questions!
Original post by Ri012345
I am going into y11. Does anyone have any tips to improve grades or any tips for revising for exams?

Hi there!
Although I got decent GCSE grades, I could have done a lot better if I revised more. So I would recommend that you start revising early. Also, make sure you are comfortable with and understand each topic as you go along, this will make revision a bit easier. You could also try past papers, or exam style questions to get used to the types of questions asked and how the questions are marked.
Good luck :smile:
hi

i strongly recommend that at the start of the year you revise like hardcore for English language literature and maths as much as you possible can obviously you may be ok with these but there the subjects that will matter in taking your initial little steps i strongly you recommend you do this
keep up with ALL of your other subjects of course to the best of your ability dont leave a class having not understood a single thing DO NOT FALL BEHIND

this year will wizz by and you will regret it majorly if you dont absolutely give it your all

good luck
Reply 4
^ that

everyone says to you "Omg study early on" but SO many people don't listen.

Trust me, time goes a lot quicker when you start to get closer to you exams so give yourself enough time to study by starting and the beginning of the year. You don't want to end up cramming before hand.

Quick Reply

Latest