The Student Room Group

Advice for freshers

I'll be starting uni in September. Any useful advice?
Original post by confused9989

Talk to people whenever you get the chance, some you might not see again but others could become good friends, you never know.

Thanks. I shall definitely give this a read.
Original post by confused9989

Hey, what are you going to be studying?

I'd advise you to just be open to new experiences and opportunities as they can open a lot of doors later on down the line. Remember to involve yourself during Fresher's week - everyone is in the same boat and you may make a few really good friends. I'd also advise you to sign up to a society or sports club - they offer great socials and you will meet people that you may not usually come across!

I hope this helps and good luck :smile:
Original post by jelly1000
Talk to people whenever you get the chance, some you might not see again but others could become good friends, you never know.

Definitely will do. Thank you!
Original post by annablagg
Hey, what are you going to be studying?

I'd advise you to just be open to new experiences and opportunities as they can open a lot of doors later on down the line. Remember to involve yourself during Fresher's week - everyone is in the same boat and you may make a few really good friends. I'd also advise you to sign up to a society or sports club - they offer great socials and you will meet people that you may not usually come across!

I hope this helps and good luck :smile:

I'll be studying pharmacy. Thank you I'll try to take all of this on board. :smile:
When you go on for the firsttime you will probly see other people in you hall seting up there rooms or even in the kitchen having a cup of the or coffiee so say hi get
to know people once Mum & dad have left you grab a hall mate and go exploring (it's fun).

ussaly on one of the moving in weekend days there are welcome drinks (usaly Sunday) go on that with your halls mates it's a good bonding experiance with your
hall and your first chance to meet other people from other halls.

Go to the freshers fair for free stuff (I was given a vouture for a free tatoo or pearcing)it's a way to see what's in your new town/city.

last of all don't swet the first year it dosn't count towardsyour degree it's just sothat people are at the same level.

oh yeah just one more thing it's fine feal abit homr sict at frst everone does it.
Original post by New- Emperor
When you go on for the firsttime you will probly see other people in you hall seting up there rooms or even in the kitchen having a cup of the or coffiee so say hi get
to know people once Mum & dad have left you grab a hall mate and go exploring (it's fun).

ussaly on one of the moving in weekend days there are welcome drinks (usaly Sunday) go on that with your halls mates it's a good bonding experiance with your
hall and your first chance to meet other people from other halls.

Go to the freshers fair for free stuff (I was given a vouture for a free tatoo or pearcing)it's a way to see what's in your new town/city.

last of all don't swet the first year it dosn't count towardsyour degree it's just sothat people are at the same level.

oh yeah just one more thing it's fine feal abit homr sict at frst everone does it.

A lot of good tips. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending