aixm2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I don't know whether to choose Westminster or Kingston to study Psychology? I haven't been to these two unis yet as I am on clearing. I wanna get this sorted out asap. Need opinionsss
juliapea
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you tried writing a list of the pros and cons for each from your own point of view including stuff like accessibility, accommodation, which course is most highly rated etc?
I don't have personal experience of either but my husband went to Kingston and he said the social life was excellent which might be of interest!
aixm2
Rep:
?
(Original post by juliapea)
Have you tried writing a list of the pros and cons for each from your own point of view including stuff like accessibility, accommodation, which course is most highly rated etc?
I don't have personal experience of either but my husband went to Kingston and he said the social life was excellent which might be of interest!
That's what I thought! Although the modules are kinda the same for both courses, Westminster is higher on ranking than Kingston. Also, I see a lot os people saying Kingston's bad and has a bad rep?? Making me more confused.
aixm2
Rep:
?
Anyone??????
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I study MSc psychology at Kingston if you have any questions
aixm2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
I study MSc psychology at Kingston if you have any questions
Just wanna understand what the uni is really like? In terms of the psych department and all this stories I hear that it's a crap uni??
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aixm2)
Just wanna understand what the uni is really like? In terms of the psych department and all this stories I hear that it's a crap uni??
It's not that bad. I went to UCL for undergrad and the difference isn't that dramatic.

The uni as a whole is quite small compared to most, so there's quite a communal feel to the place.
aixm2
Rep:
?
It's not that bad. I went to UCL for undergrad and the difference isn't that dramatic.

The uni as a whole is quite small compared to most, so there's quite a communal feel to the place.
Oh really? Hearing that eases my mind up a bit. Thank you! It was quite low on the ranking so was worried that the psych department won't be as good.

What about the psych department? Is it a small department too? I also tried to contact them whether they do optional study abroad for a year or semester but I haven't hear back from them yet. Do you have any ideas whether they do or not?
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aixm2)
Oh really? Hearing that eases my mind up a bit. Thank you! It was quite low on the ranking so was worried that the psych department won't be as good.

What about the psych department? Is it a small department too? I also tried to contact them whether they do optional study abroad for a year or semester but I haven't hear back from them yet. Do you have any ideas whether they do or not?
It's not that small actually, relative to the size of the uni as a whole. I don't think they do a year abroad, not many unis do.
aixm2
Rep:
?
It's not that small actually, relative to the size of the uni as a whole. I don't think they do a year abroad, not many unis do.
Oh okay! Also, what do you think about the social life there? They do have a study abroad programme but I'm just not sure whether they do it in psychology?
aixm2
Rep:
?
Kingston University
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aixm2)
Oh okay! Also, what do you think about the social life there? They do have a study abroad programme but I'm just not sure whether they do it in psychology?
Social life is ok, bit crap compared to what I experienced in central London (UCL) but it is what you make of it
aixm2
Rep:
?
Social life is ok, bit crap compared to what I experienced in central London (UCL) but it is what you make of it
Like, what do you think of the societies they currently run? Do they have loads of active ones?

Yes! That is also one of the factors I'm looking at that's why I'm confused whether to go Kingston or Westminster as Westminster is more in the central but the campuses are separate.
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aixm2)
Like, what do you think of the societies they currently run? Do they have loads of active ones?

Yes! That is also one of the factors I'm looking at that's why I'm confused whether to go Kingston or Westminster as Westminster is more in the central but the campuses are separate.
Here's a list of all societies: https://www.kingstonstudents.net/soc...z-of-societies

I found most were religion based compared to UCL which focused on a wide range of stuff (but then UCL is pretty big compared to Kingston)
aixm2
Rep:
?
Here's a list of all societies: https://www.kingstonstudents.net/soc...z-of-societies

I found most were religion based compared to UCL which focused on a wide range of stuff (but then UCL is pretty big compared to Kingston)
Oh okay! I'll have a look at that! Thank you so much!!
aixm2
Rep:
?
Anyone know what uni of Westminster is like????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.35%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (65)
30.23%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.63%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.37%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.58%
I think it's an unfair expectation (59)
27.44%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.4%

Watched Threads