Failed first year resit (University of Leeds)

Watch this thread
Tt.mii
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm first year and just finished taking the summer resits and thought I didnt do well in one of them (below 40%) . I have achieved 100/120 credits with some good grades so far, one of my failed modules worth 10 credits I expect I did kinda okay but another was a mess. I have emailed my private tutor and the University support but doubt i could hear back from them in short time, I'm very worried. Please give my advice on what are the options for me, what should i do as the moment as I really need to progress to my 2nd year..
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tt.mii)
So I'm first year and just finished taking the summer resits and thought I didnt do well in one of them (below 40%) . I have achieved 100/120 credits with some good grades so far, one of my failed modules worth 10 credits I expect I did kinda okay but another was a mess. I have emailed my private tutor and the University support but doubt i could hear back from them in short time, I'm very worried. Please give my advice on what are the options for me, what should i do as the moment as I really need to progress to my 2nd year..
Sure ive answered this before.

Its up to yoru academic progression board.

If you are in the business school it says

7.3 Undergraduate Progression

To progress to the next year of an undergraduate programme students must
1. obtain 100 credits or more in the current programme year,
2. pass all those modules listed as ‘required for progression’ in the programme specification, and
3. meet any other criteria listed in the programme specification.

https://lubswww.leeds.ac.uk/TSG/prog...ion-and-award/

If you arent in the business school then you need to find the relevant rules in the similar page for your subject as above.

The board also has discretion.

Even if you have passed 1, then you may not pass 2 or 3. Its why you need a student advisor.

The final call is with the uni. I expect you not to pass criteria 2 or 3 and be asked to retake, but they might let you carry a minor module or give a condoned pass.

the exam rules are here, but you need to go and see a student advisor. They will say wait for the results.

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/secretariat/..._for_award.pdf
brigitte96
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I failed a module in first year (in the same uni) and never applied for a resit. Was able to progress to the following year because it was an optional module and I got 100 out of 120 credits for the year. Also got masters offers from good Unis (although applied for courses unrelated to the one I failed)
Last edited by brigitte96; 3 years ago
zaid obaid
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
hi, i have had the same situation, i am now in year 3, i have failed one module in year one. i am just scared that it might somehow affect my future career as a professional engineer. as per your experience, will it affect me or not. (i am expecting to graduate with a high 2:1 or first).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads