The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Ask to defer or hope for the best?

Hi,
So throughout my Alevel exams I never for one moment thought that I'd get into Uni (UWE having been my first choice). However, results day rolls around and I've been accepted for Psychology with Criminology, which is great. Except from I didn't apply for Accommodation and am now stuck with no where to live. Have rang the accommodation hotline and they've told me that there's a waiting list for Halls that's 600 people long, and to look for private accommodation. The only thing is is that I cannot travel to Bristol before the start of my course, and most private accommodation requires a viewing first. Not only that, but I've never even lived in a City before and am honestly quite scared about it, especially now that it's unlikely I'll live on campus.
So, my question is, do I ring and and ask to defer a year based on the fact I want to be living on campus when I start University, or do I wait and hope for the slim chance that there will be a place for me on Campus?
Thanks very much for any advice x
Reply 1
My sister got to her uni in clearing so hadn't applied to accommodation. She ended up with great private halls, close to the uni and in a good location in the city. Look up your uni/city followed by private accommodation. there will be providers you can view online (Just like uni halls).
Don't worry to much about living in a city. We grew up in a very rural area and she coped fine. But at the end of the day do what is right for you. do you need time to rest before uni or are you ready to jump in?
(Edit: and her accommodation was 7 hours away from where we lived. No viewing needed)
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending