The Student Room Group

Lancaster University vs Queen's University Belfast ??

I have offers through clearing from these two for law, and I'm not sure which university is the better choice? I've heard Lancaster doesn't have a lot going on but Belfast is more of a city. They are both good universities; Queen's is russel group but it is very far from friends I know in England, unlike Lancaster.

Not sure what to do, please help! Any opinions about either are welcome :smile:
Original post by hebg
I have offers through clearing from these two for law, and I'm not sure which university is the better choice? I've heard Lancaster doesn't have a lot going on but Belfast is more of a city. They are both good universities; Queen's is russel group but it is very far from friends I know in England, unlike Lancaster.

Not sure what to do, please help! Any opinions about either are welcome :smile:

What is important to you? Is it that the uni is RG or being close to friends or what is going on in the city? How do the courses compare?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
What is important to you? Is it that the uni is RG or being close to friends or what is going on in the city? How do the courses compare?

This is the problem I'm not sure which factor should be the deciding one :/ The courses are both good.
Original post by hebg
This is the problem I'm not sure which factor should be the deciding one :/ The courses are both good.

The factors that are important to you. You have to spend 3 years there. Good doesn't mean much. Are there any differences in content, how the courses are taught, flexibility. What about work experience opportunities, links with industry and where grads end up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending