The Student Room Group

Applying to Universities

If I want to apply to Medical Schools for undergraduate in USA and UK will I have to give SATs AND UKCAT AND BMAT?
Original post by lackinglogic
If I want to apply to Medical Schools for undergraduate in USA and UK will I have to give SATs AND UKCAT AND BMAT?

There's only a few undergraduate medical schools in the U.S.... none of them are particularly good.

For the UK, depending on the medical school, UKCAT or BMAT will be necessary for entry requirements. No SATs are needed especially as you are doing IB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
There's only a few undergraduate medical schools in the U.S.... none of them are particularly good.

For the UK, depending on the medical school, UKCAT or BMAT will be necessary for entry requirements. No SATs are needed especially as you are doing IB

Posted from TSR Mobile

But would Universities in USA accept me if I do my undergraduate in UK? Because I had read somewhere a long time ago that the colleges in USA accept only people who have don't their undergraduate from USA...
But would Universities in USA accept me if I do my undergraduate in UK? Because I had read somewhere a long time ago that the colleges in USA accept only people who have don't their undergraduate from USA...

Medical schools in the U.S. rarely accept any students who studied their undergraduate abroad, if at all.
Medical schools in the U.S. rarely accept any students who studied their undergraduate abroad, if at all.

So if I want to go to USA after my MBBS in UK I won't be given a seat in the university? What can we do then? I'm only thinking of going to America because they offer scholarships for students coming from abroad and on the other hand UK increases the tuition fees and accommodation fees for all oversea students.... this sux.
So if I want to go to USA after my MBBS in UK I won't be given a seat in the university? What can we do then? I'm only thinking of going to America because they offer scholarships for students coming from abroad and on the other hand UK increases the tuition fees and accommodation fees for all oversea students.... this sux.

Medical school or university? honestly after you get an MBBS in the UK, you can get a masters/PhD in the U.S. without any issues if that's what you want to do. If you want to work in the U.S., I am sure there is a way but I think you need to test for a medical licence there and go through residency training again.
Medical school or university? honestly after you get an MBBS in the UK, you can get a masters/PhD in the U.S. without any issues if that's what you want to do. If you want to work in the U.S., I am sure there is a way but I think you need to test for a medical licence there and go through residency training again.

I'm sorry is there a difference between medical school and university? I thought the medical school was in the university.... I'm totally clueless sorry :tongue: Yeah I want to finish my MBBS and go to USA for Post graduate and then begin residency. I guess I used the proper terms this time?
I'm sorry is there a difference between medical school and university? I thought the medical school was in the university.... I'm totally clueless sorry :tongue: Yeah I want to finish my MBBS and go to USA for Post graduate and then begin residency. I guess I used the proper terms this time?

Medical Schools are within the university but it's better to differentiate the two as they have different entry requirements and procedures.

I think that is definitely possible, not completely sure though. I know a family friend who got a medical degree from my country then went to the U.S. for Postgraduate studies and residency but that was a while ago.
Medical Schools are within the university but it's better to differentiate the two as they have different entry requirements and procedures.

I think that is definitely possible, not completely sure though. I know a family friend who got a medical degree from my country then went to the U.S. for Postgraduate studies and residency but that was a while ago.

Oh okay. I understand clearly now. The only confusion was if I could transfer from UK to USA and you've made that crystal clear for me now. Thank you 😊
Oh okay. I understand clearly now. The only confusion was if I could transfer from UK to USA and you've made that crystal clear for me now. Thank you 😊

no problem :smile: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending