The Student Room Group

Epq ideas

So I'm doing an EPQ and it's been a year but I still have no clue what to do it on. At uni I am planning on doing Environmental Science so I want it to be linked to that & preferably animals, If you have any ideas please share, THANK YOU!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by xxhemxxpat
So I'm doing an EPQ and it's been a year but I still have no clue what to do it on. At uni I am planning on doing Environmental Science so I want it to be linked to that, If you have any ideas please share, THANK YOU!!!

Do something about floods in Britain, (if that is relevant to your field that you are interested in).
Reply 2
Hi! Okay, so I would first have a little research session checking out news sites (BBC News) or reading magazines (New Scientist might be helpful?) and reading around your broader topic, which for you would be environmental science. What you are looking for when you are reading is something that triggers a opinion and that you could argue. When you have that opinion, your question usually formats itself :smile: (You're gonna need something you can debate strongly on both sides)

I discovered my question mainly because of my mum and how she supported a murderous President in the Philippines, I got triggered by that, went away and researched it, then I had my question. Also, I think it's fairly important that your EPQ is personalised to you, the most motivated people in my class were the people that had a personal connection with what they were writing about (but then again you can balance the personalisation to yourself and suitability towards a degree fairly easily)

[I tell this to most people but 1) Passion 2) Opinion and your EPQ should soar from there]
Original post by stoyfan
Do something about floods in Britain, (if that is relevant to your field that you are interested in).

Thank you for replying :smile:

Thats a great idea but I think I want to aim it towards animals
Original post by Flocoa
Hi! Okay, so I would first have a little research session checking out news sites (BBC News) or reading magazines (New Scientist might be helpful?) and reading around your broader topic, which for you would be environmental science. What you are looking for when you are reading is something that triggers a opinion and that you could argue. When you have that opinion, your question usually formats itself :smile: (You're gonna need something you can debate strongly on both sides)

I discovered my question mainly because of my mum and how she supported a murderous President in the Philippines, I got triggered by that, went away and researched it, then I had my question. Also, I think it's fairly important that your EPQ is personalised to you, the most motivated people in my class were the people that had a personal connection with what they were writing about (but then again you can balance the personalisation to yourself and suitability towards a degree fairly easily)

[I tell this to most people but 1) Passion 2) Opinion and your EPQ should soar from there]

Hey! Thank you so much!

You have no idea how much this has helped me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending