The Student Room Group
I had hoped that this strange fascination with 22 spoilt, precious grown men chasing after a ball and people getting into fights over it would have died out by now.
Reply 2
Original post by Glassapple
I had hoped that this strange fascination with 22 spoilt, precious grown men chasing after a ball and people getting into fights over it would have died out by now.

You'll have a long time to wait!

It's not a fascination, it's a way of life.
Original post by MWills99
It's not a fascination, it's a way of life.

I really don't see why a lot of people's way of life is to idolise petty, overpaid and careless men who earn thousands of times more than they ever will their whole lives, have never met them, don't care about them and more than likely wouldn't even call an ambulance for them in the street if they saw them dying. The whole notion is ridiculous.
I really don't see why a lot of people's way of life is to idolise petty, overpaid and careless men who earn thousands of times more than they ever will their whole lives, have never met them, don't care about them and more than likely wouldn't even call an ambulance for them in the street if they saw them dying. The whole notion is ridiculous.

It's something you can't really explain in words, you have to feel it. I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't like football to understand
Reply 6
Heck, all I wanted to do was to find some Chelsea supporters, not enter into an esoteric discussion
I support Chelsea. :smile:
Reply 8

I see from your post history you watch TV and listen to music, featuring actors and artists where everything you've just said applies to them too. You filthy hypocrite
Original post by difeo
I see from your post history you watch TV and listen to music, featuring actors and artists where everything you've just said applies to them too. You filthy hypocrite

Yes I do, but I don't base my whole life around them, I don't go to every event they do, I don't wear clothing with their names on, I don't get angry or upset when someone says something bad about them, they don't make up ,assivd portions of what I talk about, people usually don't get into fights about them, etc. That makes it very different.
Reply 10
Yes I do, but I don't base my whole life around them, I don't go to every event they do, I don't wear clothing with their names on, I don't get angry or upset when someone says something bad about them, they don't make up ,assivd portions of what I talk about, people usually don't get into fights about them, etc. That makes it very different.

Most football fans don't do that, and plenty of TV and music fans do do that, for example you went to Comic Con and dressed up as a pokemon trainer.

The average music fan spends an awful lot more time listening to music than the average football fan does watching football.
(edited 6 years ago)

Football isn't a sport, i's a business. It is based off a capitalist mentality.It turns out many people enjoy the sport due to a wide variety of justified reasons such as an increase in stress-relief,feel-good-factor,parental influences. It's culture. Back to the point of their earnings, football is funded by their shareholders,ticket sales,shirt sales. The company does a lot of work to get where they are. Footballers are ambassadors of the club, they sign contracts agreeing to the terms and conditions of the club, they have many sacrifices. Football increases globalisation and causes people to tolerate each other(I'm aware of rivalries but with every good there is bad).
They get taxed...progressively--most of the wages you see are gross not net.
Reply 12
Chelsea supporter right here bro! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by JMR2017
I support Chelsea. :smile:

We are already best friends haha :biggrin:
Original post by Pedrex
We are already best friends haha :biggrin:

Haha OK :smile:
Original post by rb834761
Any Chelsea supporters out there?

Brian Morrish

Will lock this as there is already a big Chelsea thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3628121&p=73366174&page=410#post73366174