The Student Room Group

Need a partime job im 13 any ideas?

I dont mind i just need some money to put onto my bank card so that i can get things like give my mum and stepdad gifts fix my dads grave new ornaments ect save up for decoratig ect
Paper round?
I did a paper round around your age. The money wasn't great but I normally received tips around Christmas time.
Original post by Itsbethanyx
I dont mind i just need some money to put onto my bank card so that i can get things like give my mum and stepdad gifts fix my dads grave new ornaments ect save up for decoratig ect

A paper round.
Theres not much else you can do until you are 16.
my part time @ 13 was sleeping you should try it
As an asian I had lots of contacts in the takeaway business, and so I slaved my days cleaning plates, serving customers from 5-2am,working on bank holidays etc. and doing absolutely nothing for hours whilst inhaling all the smoke that was thrown around the room whilst my co-workers did shisha or just burned through large packs a time when i was 14. The pay varied A LOT (£70-100 for 3-5 shifts) but it was enough to buy me couple of CGP revision books, clothes and my first BMX.

-Ask a friend. If there dad owns a restaurant try working there. If not, work at a relatives business.
- If that doesn't work, go round takeaways and ask to hand out leaflets. For me it was around 300 leaflets for £15, which was annoying. If you do pretend your really nice/trustworthy as most kids just dump like half of the leaflets in the bin and only deliver half
-CAFE'S. GOD i want to work in a cafe/tea room but there all taken. Tea rooms usually accept teens under 15, pay is decent, all you do is dress up smartly, like a suit and serve tea to old people for like a couple of hours. I bet it has more pay then restaurant/slave work too.
-Paper round. Pay varies, again decent pay, (my friend gets £25 a week which imo is pretty good) but waking up early is annoying as hell. If your lazy like me, **** this job
-lastly, HUSTLE. HUSTLE EVERY DAY BOIII. One guy in yr 11 sells these red velvet marshmallow filled cookies, brownies, shortbread and all other deserts, and hes rocking some pretty expensive jewellery. I assume hes doing well. You could do the same if your good at baking just avoid teachers ;D

Hope these helped, these are all jobs i've experienced/seen, theirs probably more, but i cant think of any rn. ;/
Reply 6
thanks x
Reply 7
Thnx
Original post by Crumpet1
Paper round?
Reply 8
Thanks everyone x
when I was that age i used to buy a packet of 6 jam donuts from sainsbury for like 60 pence and sold them 50p each at school made like £30 a week lol
Original post by Mentally
when I was that age i used to buy a packet of 6 jam donuts from sainsbury for like 60 pence and sold them 50p each at school made like £30 a week lol

I sold my friend a polo mint for 20p once.
Working between the hours of 7pm and 7am is illegal in the U.K. For a 13 year old
Can you play a musical instrument? Maybe you could busk, if so.

Quick Reply

Latest