VR: 540:frown:
DM: 650
QR: 800
AR: 660
SJ: Band 2
Total: 2650 Average 663
My GCSEs were 9A*s, 1A.
My AS-levels were AAAA.
Work experience: 4 days of independently obtained hospital placements, 10 days in a government hospital in India, a day in a sarcoma clinic.
Volunteering: Volunteered at a care home for over a year, coaching cricket and tennis to children on a weekly basis.
Extracurricular: Played cricket and tennis nationally, Grade 7 guitar, Duke of edinburgh Gold.
Which universities would you recommend in which I can make a competitive application? Thanks to anyone who replies.:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by cricketn123
I just did my UKCAT and my scores were as follows:

VR: 540:frown:
DM: 650
QR: 800
AR: 660
SJ: Band 2
Total: 2650 Average 663
My GCSEs were 9A*s, 1A.
My AS-levels were AAAA.
Work experience: 4 days of independently obtained hospital placements, 10 days in a government hospital in India, a day in a sarcoma clinic.
Volunteering: Volunteered at a care home for over a year, coaching cricket and tennis to children on a weekly basis.
Extracurricular: Played cricket and tennis nationally, Grade 7 guitar, Duke of edinburgh Gold.
Which universities would you recommend in which I can make a competitive application? Thanks to anyone who replies.:smile:

You could apply to ones that don't really look at the UKCAT too much Birminghams good with your GCSE score and UKCAT score. Also are you planning on doing BMAT? If so try BMAT unis too, I'm doing BMAT and UKCAT. St George's are also a uni that accept that score I think.
Reply 2
Your GCSEs are strong, think about Cardiff, Birmingham, Leicester - you are almost guaranteed an interview. Also, your work experience is good, look at Bristol which is personal statement heavy.
Reply 3
Original post by anji1234
You could apply to ones that don't really look at the UKCAT too much Birminghams good with your GCSE score and UKCAT score. Also are you planning on doing BMAT? If so try BMAT unis too, I'm doing BMAT and UKCAT. St George's are also a uni that accept that score I think.

i don't think i'm gonna do the bmat. I find it much harder than the ukcat and a bit riskier considering I'd sit it after the application deadline.
Reply 4
Original post by cricketn123
i don't think i'm gonna do the bmat. I find it much harder than the ukcat and a bit riskier considering I'd sit it after the application deadline.

Thats true, theres quite a few UKCAT unis that dont look at UKCAT that much you should apply to those . Yh I know BMAT's a bit risky but you do get better with practice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending