The Student Room Group

Quizlet's going to college!

:bumps:Quizlet's goal of 4 A's at AS. :bumps:

Quizlet is going to start college soon! I completed my GCSE's recently and I'm going to get my results on the 24th of August. I'm aiming for 4 A's at AS, and I'm going to document my revision tips, what revision I'm going to be doing everyday and just general activities. I'm going to tag people I know to this (some people I vaguely know but I'd like to get to know them better). :smile:

GCSE Predictions and grades.

Spoiler

What subjects I'm taking at A level:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quizlet

Quizlet is going to start college soon! I completed my GCSE's recently and I'm going to get my results on the 24th of August. I'm aiming for 4 A's at AS, and I'm going to document my revision tips, what revision I'm going to be doing everyday and just general activities. I'm going to tag people I know to this (some people I vaguely know but I'd like to get to know them better). :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Excellent subject choices!

Best of luck with GCSE results day and A-Levels. The next two years are going to be one hard slog, but think of the extra long summer between Y13 and 1st Year undergrad....
Reply 2
Good luck Quizlet! :five: I'd offer to help you out with geography but I seriously flopped it and got a C (and 3 marks worse on my resit) :rofl: let us know how you get on :hugs:
Original post by Quizlet

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm running out of things to cross for you, Quizlet. I'm genuinely a bit anxious and a bit excited for you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
I'm running out of things to cross for you, Quizlet. I'm genuinely a bit anxious and a bit excited for you :smile:

I don't know why but this smiley suits you :judge:. :laugh: I have no idea why! 'I'm running out of things to cross for you' I'm not sure what this means :lol:. Thanks for posting though, you're really nice! :hugs:

Original post by Amefish
Good luck Quizlet! :five: I'd offer to help you out with geography but I seriously flopped it and got a C (and 3 marks worse on my resit) :rofl: let us know how you get on :hugs:

A C is still an amazing grade at A2 and you should be really proud :smile:.

Original post by Blue_Cow
Excellent subject choices!

Best of luck with GCSE results day and A-Levels. The next two years are going to be one hard slog, but think of the extra long summer between Y13 and 1st Year undergrad....

Thank you :smile:, I'll definitely think of the long summer between Y13 and undergrad.
Original post by Quizlet

Spoiler

Spoiler

Aw I love this so much ! :woo:
:jumphug: Best of luck again Quizlet! I'm certain that you've done really well, you're such a lovely person! Focus on trying to relax and calm down, here for you ! :rave: :penguinhug: :party:
Reply 6
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Aw I love this so much ! :woo:
:jumphug: Best of luck again Quizlet! I'm certain that you've done really well, you're such a lovely person! Focus on trying to relax and calm down, here for you ! :rave: :penguinhug: :party:

Just checked my blood pressure and it's 150/70- sys is too high :lol:! Probably due to all the stress. I'm trying to calm down but it just doesn't work. I need to take more deep breaths! :lol: TSR is taking my mind off results day though.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :h: Also interesting that I'm apparently a person that you'd like to know better :tongue:
Original post by Quizlet
Just checked my blood pressure and it's 150/70- sys is too high :lol:! Probably due to all the stress. I'm trying to calm down but it just doesn't work. I need to take more deep breaths! :lol: TSR is taking my mind off results day though.

:hugs: aw here for you! :cube: Let it distract you :smile:
People are starting A-level GYGs already? Damn :s

Best of luck with your GCSE results, you seem pretty motivated which is great! ^_^
Reply 10
:hugs: aw here for you! :cube: Let it distract you :smile:

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

Original post by Sonechka
People are starting A-level GYGs already? Damn :s

Best of luck with your GCSE results, you seem pretty motivated which is great! ^_^

Thank you so much! :smile:, I'm pretty motivated to get good grades. :laugh:
Reply 11
Original post by Quizlet

Spoiler

Spoiler

STOP STOP STOP!:hand:

Why t f are you doing AS levels?

DON'T DO AS LEVELS!!!!! They mean nothing!!!! AS does not count towards your A Level at all. Don't do it!!!!
Reply 13
Original post by 04MR17

DON'T DO AS LEVELS!!!!! They mean nothing!!!! AS does not count towards your A Level at all. Don't do it!!!!

2/4 subjects are not reformed, so I'll still be doing AS and I can always talk about my mock exam grades etc. :laugh:

huh :erm:
Original post by 04MR17

Some people don't get a choice :indiff:
Reply 15
huh :erm:

Because my college is selective and I only applied to that one so if I don't get in I'll have to go into 'college clearing'- that's what my school calls it anyways :laugh:
Original post by Quizlet
Because my college is selective and I only applied to that one so if I don't get in I'll have to go into 'college clearing'- that's what my school calls it anyways :laugh:

oh wow, it's an actual thing :eek4:
hey, you're gonna get in so shh :hugs: :smile:
Original post by Quizlet
2/4 subjects are not reformed, so I'll still be doing AS and I can always talk about my mock exam grades etc. :laugh:
All subjects are reformed for incoming year 12s as of this coming academic year apart from General Studies.
You get a choice of which Sixth Form/College you go to. And you don't have to try in your AS exams.
Reply 18
Original post by 04MR17
All subjects are reformed for incoming year 12s as of this coming academic year apart from General Studies.
You get a choice of which Sixth Form/College you go to. And you don't have to try in your AS exams.

Ohh, maybe this year was 2/4. Sorry :laugh:. Oh well, I can at least share mock results!
Original post by 04MR17

True.
Well I thought part of your grade predictions for next year would be based on it :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest