The Student Room Group

Why are guys confident first and then get weird?

This happens to me all the time. Whenever I meet guys for the first time (work, school, friends) they are always really confident and talkative. When we meet for the second they become really nervous and shy. I mean how can someone go from talking and laughing to not being able to say hi without being so nervous.
Because they're almost certainly not being themselves at first. Their personalities will only seem 'natural' once they start being themselves. And most guys' personalities will change a lot (to their actual ones) once you get to know them, and usually this is for the worse, which is reflected by the sheer number of breakups/divorces. It is rare to find a guy who is actually as good as they seem at first glance.

I'm a straight guy btw so this isn't really from experience, but nonetheless I believe it to be completely true.
They like you, probably. Once they get to know you and begin to start having feelings for you, I suppose they get fearful because they don't want to ruin it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by num.7
They like you, probably. Once they get to know you and begin to start having feelings for you, I suppose they get fearful because they don't want to ruin it.

Yes, I am aware they like me because I do too but it's just really annoying. I am just angry at a guy who I like. When we first met he was really nice and talked a lot and now he won't even say hi without being super nervous. Weirdly this was the next day after we met and I was super confused.
They want to seem to be confident and 'do well' on a first date - esp if they arent that confident in the first place. Might be getting shyy becase they realise they like you, and its natural to get shy then. Believe me, being around a girl you like can impact your confidence massively - surely girls get that with guys?
If a confident guy gets shy around you then he defo likes you?
Reply 6
Original post by Jack22031994
They want to seem to be confident and 'do well' on a first date - esp if they arent that confident in the first place. Might be getting shyy becase they realise they like you, and its natural to get shy then. Believe me, being around a girl you like can impact your confidence massively - surely girls get that with guys?

Yes of course that happens to girls but girls are more likely to be shy from the beginning. It gets a little frustrating when you find out that they are like that. I don't mean it as a date, we were just introduced to each other and when we see each other again they get really nervous and shy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending