Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any universities that would allow you to study Medicine with a grade C at GCSE maths if you got the correct A levels at the right grades and the rest of your GCSE results being 5A*s, 2A's and 4 B's, or do i have to retake it? Please let me know of your experiences!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    i would retake it if i was you because your other grades are excellent and would be a shame if they didnt accept you due to that... its better not to have a grade C. if i was you i would do it asap

but call up admissions of each uni and ask

then again if you do bio chem and 2 other 'decent' subjects for AS and get AABB - would it matter? its up 2 u but best to ask the admin ppl of each uni

ReputationRep:
    im not sure but i think most of the schools ive looked at say that if you dont have maths as\a level then u need maths gcse at B, so i took it that it means if u have maths a level then u dont need a b at gcse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any universities that would allow you to study Medicine with a grade C at GCSE maths if you got the correct A levels at the right grades and the rest of your GCSE results being 5A*s, 2A's and 4 B's, or do i have to retake it? Please let me know of your experiences!!

Lou
    xxx
    I don't think it's something that you need to worry about it. It's fine.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.