The Student Room Group

How good are those gcse results

So my friends and I took IGCSES, which are the international version of gcses under the international board of CIE (which is basically OCR but available out of the UK) this year, and received our results on the 10th.
We are 3 and all of us were aiming to study a IR/Politics related degree (it was infact this common passion what brought us together) at a top UK university, however, in despite of our grades being good, we are worried they may not be enough for a leading university.
I personally could not be happier, but still feel like I have ruled out my chances.
As they do not have an account on TSR they asked me to post their results on my behalf:smile:
So this is what we got

1)Double Science (counts as 2 grades) B B
Mathematics C
Geography A
Drama C
English Language B
Spanish A*
English Literature C
French C

2)
Business Studies A*
French C
Maths A*
Double Science A*A*
German A*
Spanish A*
Literature B
Language B
History A*

3)
Maths C
Double Science A A
Drama A
English Language A
Literature A*
History A*
French A*
Spanish A*
Portuguese A*

How do they seem to you? Does anybody of us still have any chances if we do well in A level? If we do,would you consider these grades below or above average compared to those who apply to top Unis.
I am aware you may need to anwser separatly for each as they are very different sets of results, but please do not hesitate to be honest. Any advice would mean a lot to us and would be gladly appreciated.
Thanks in advance! :smile: :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by richardsmith
So my friends and I took IGCSES, which are the international version of gcses under the international board of CIE (which is basically OCR but available out of the UK) this year, and received our results on the 10th.
We are 3 and all of us were aiming to study a IR/Politics related degree (it was infact this common passion what brought us together) at a top UK university, however, in despite of our grades being good, we are worried they may not be enough for a leading university.
I personally could not be happier, but still feel like I have ruled out my chances.
As they do not have an account on TSR they asked me to post their results on my behalf:smile:
So this is what we got

1)Double Science (counts as 2 grades) A*A*
Mathematics C
Geography A
Drama C
English Language B
Spanish A*
English Literature C
French C

2)
Business Studies A*
French C
Maths A*
Double Science A*A*
German A*
Spanish A*
Literature B
Language B
History A*

3)
Maths C
Double Science A A
Drama A
English Language A
Literature A*
History A*
French A*
Spanish A*
Portuguese A*

How do they seem to you? Does anybody of us still have any chances if we do well in A level? If we do,would you consider these grades below or above average compared to those who apply to top Unis.
I am aware you may need to anwser separatly for each as they are very different sets of results, but please do not hesitate to be honest. Any advice would mean a lot to us and would be gladly appreciated.
Thanks in advance! :smile: :smile:

A good set of results. If you do well in A levels, then you have a chance in getting into top universities.
CIE is also available in the UK btw. I MFL and English exams were CIE.

Quick Reply

Latest