Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology? Watch

LunaJacobs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I attended 4 taster lectures at on Chemistry, and though i really enjoyed it, I was deterred from choosing Chemistry as my choice of degree because of the maths in one of the lectures! I really dislike maths, but the level of maths right now at A-Level in Chemistry I'm fine with. Though i understood the maths in the lecture, it took me back to A-Level maths earlier this year (before I dropped it) and I basically don't want to be around really complex equations and stuff. I really enjoy organic Chemistry & want to go develop and synthesise drugs in my degree, so can someone give me an overview of Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry & Pharmacology, and then tell me which one i'd be best suited to (and entails the least amount of maths)? Thanks in advance!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LunaJacobs)
I attended 4 taster lectures at on Chemistry, and though i really enjoyed it, I was deterred from choosing Chemistry as my choice of degree because of the maths in one of the lectures! I really dislike maths, but the level of maths right now at A-Level in Chemistry I'm fine with. Though i understood the maths in the lecture, it took me back to A-Level maths earlier this year (before I dropped it) and I basically don't want to be around really complex equations and stuff. I really enjoy organic Chemistry & want to go develop and synthesise drugs in my degree, so can someone give me an overview of Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry & Pharmacology, and then tell me which one i'd be best suited to (and entails the least amount of maths)? Thanks in advance!
All those will need maths unfortunately particularly anything medical or pharmacological. It probably is the best idea to do pure chem and then choose options to tailor your degree based on your interests once you have explored them further at uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed