The Student Room Group

Going to be brave and get back in to drawing...

So a few people have commented on my drawing skills so I am going to give it a go and start drawing again in the evenings and upload photos as I go. Actually really nervous as haven't drawn in about 6 years... so going to start small will a comic book cover and work up from there... just creating a thread to monitor my progress and hopefully get support as I often start Things and don't finish them... all set up and ready to go...

20170822_210718.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
So a few people have commented on my drawing skills so I am going to give it a go and start drawing again in the evenings and upload photos as I go. Actually really nervous as haven't drawn in about 6 years... so going to start small will a comic book cover and work up from there... just creating a thread to monitor my progress and hopefully get support as I often start Things and don't finish them... all set up and ready to go...

20170822_210718.jpg

Trust me I'm keeping this profile picture forever, that's how awesome it is. I'm so happy you're getting into it again. :party:
Original post by Quizlet
Trust me I'm keeping this profile picture forever, that's how awesome it is. I'm so happy you're getting into it again. :party:

Yay thanks only got a pack of 100 pound shop pencils and a cat that wants to sit on my paper so not sure how successful I will be x
Good luck , my love for art has been drained thanks to GCSE ART:angry:
Reply 4
Good luck with it! Although like the above person I don't enjoy art at SCHOOL, I love doing it in my spare time :smile:
I’m so so excited for this lovely!!! I will be following this religiously, you’re so good at what you do :heart:

I might see you tomorrow :ninja:
Reply 6
Be sure to tag me every single time you update! :smile:

When it still won't let me rep you 'cause I went overboard the other day :judge:.
Think I have the shape almost there but my pens are a little rubbish and the paper is soaking in and making it bleed. Going to try doing the outline in black pen then colour in using coloured pencils instead. I just need to remember where I put them :P

20170822_215120.jpg
Original post by ParisOMg
Good luck , my love for art has been drained thanks to GCSE ART:angry:

I feel like that ! I did Art GCSE design and illustration at college for 3 years, design at uni for 3 years and now work as a designer for 2 years plus. but want to get back in to drawing cause I used to enjoy it:smile:
Original post by Roxirin
Good luck with it! Although like the above person I don't enjoy art at SCHOOL, I love doing it in my spare time :smile:

Thank you what sort of stuff do you draw?
These are a couple of my best past stuff but that was about 6 years ago now :frown:

9a78a922375439.56045fbd3e908.JPG
Attachment not found
Good luck - I will look forward to your updates.
Original post by Paracosm
I’m so so excited for this lovely!!! I will be following this religiously, you’re so good at what you do :heart:

I might see you tomorrow :ninja:

Thanks!!! Ah tomorrow what time are you in? Thursday I'm out in the morning taking photos of people receiving their GCSE results . But will be back by lunch :smile:
Thanks!!! Ah tomorrow what time are you in? Thursday I'm out in the morning taking photos of people receiving their GCSE results . But will be back by lunch :smile:

I’m driving down, aiming to arrive at lunch time!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Paracosm
I’m driving down, aiming to arrive at lunch time!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yay!!!! so excited!!!! :biggrin:
Thank you what sort of stuff do you draw?
These are a couple of my best past stuff but that was about 6 years ago now :frown:

9a78a922375439.56045fbd3e908.JPG
Attachment not found

Wow these are so super good! I wish I was good at art. It's super fun but failing art gcse says soMething
Original post by Emerald7770
Wow these are so super good! I wish I was good at art. It's super fun but failing art gcse says soMething

Thanks Art GCSE was pretty boring though just having to do other famous people's stuff. I always skipped P.E to go draw in the art room hehe x
You've inspired me. I'm going to go draw too! :yep:

Spoiler

Thanks Art GCSE was pretty boring though just having to do other famous people's stuff. I always skipped P.E to go draw in the art room hehe x

Aw that's cute , do you have any tips for like beginners (I guess)
Original post by Emerald7770
Aw that's cute , do you have any tips for like beginners (I guess)

Grids are a life saver to start off with find a picture you like and draw a 1cm x 1cm grid on it then the same on your piece of drawing paper. Take it slow and draw one square at a time then it seems much easier because it's all broken down so you have less to focus on. x
I'm glad! You're really talented. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest