The Student Room Group

Mentioning International Baccalaureate in personal statement?

I'm applying internationally to LSE, and I have a choice of applying as an International Baccalaureate student or as a regular Canadian student, because I'm on track to receive both my IB diploma and a provincial high school diploma. The suggested grades are way more lenient if I apply as a regular student. However, it's pretty important for me to talk about the self-directed academic research I get to do in IB, like my extended essay which is a journal-type paper and IAs, which are pretty short, but still independent research papers. It seems sketchier if I just say that I do research as a high school student if they don't know I'm in IB, because it wouldn't be part of my required learning. What should I do?
Original post by 1emilyfu
I'm applying internationally to LSE, and I have a choice of applying as an International Baccalaureate student or as a regular Canadian student, because I'm on track to receive both my IB diploma and a provincial high school diploma. The suggested grades are way more lenient if I apply as a regular student. However, it's pretty important for me to talk about the self-directed academic research I get to do in IB, like my extended essay which is a journal-type paper and IAs, which are pretty short, but still independent research papers. It seems sketchier if I just say that I do research as a high school student if they don't know I'm in IB, because it wouldn't be part of my required learning. What should I do?

You must declare all qualifications in your education section. So you must list your IB there.

That means you can talk about it as much as you like in your ps.
Reply 2
Original post by pq
you must declare all qualifications in your education section. So you must list your ib there.

That means you can talk about it as much as you like in your ps.

thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending