English Language or Religious Studies?

Watch
mirlotta
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Did anyone take either English Language or Religious Studies (or both ) for AS/A Level? If so, did you feel they were worthwhile and would you recommend one above the other? Thanks
FallenEyelash
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I took both, both are good but I enjoyed and got a higher grade in English Language.
Flocoa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't taken RS but I have taken English Language (am going into Y13) and I cannot recommend it enough. Every part of it is just fascinating to me, from the nitty gritty grammatical values of English to sociolinguistics to child language acquisition. I just find it so fun and enjoyable to learn, but that may have something to do with my teacher (who is beyond amazing). My other subjects are fairly subjective (apart from History, but I take Eng Lit and Art) so it is nice to have something a little more objective. Taking Eng Lang has actually made me want to further it to degree level mixed with linguistics.

It's a lot different from Eng Lang at GCSE and that's why I love it I actually find myself applying aspects of what we learn to everyday life. I recently went up North to Lancaster and found myself taking my knowledge from regional accents, analysing the Lancastrian accent.

It really is down to you at the end of the day and what you find most enjoyable :3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads