Film/TV Production Apprenticeships? Watch

Grade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was going to study film and television production at university, however I don't think uni is for me so I might do an apprenticeship instead. I am thinking of doing a film production apprenticeship, however I'm not sure how to find an apprenticeship. I've been to the findapprentice.gov site and found two that appeal to me, however I'm wondering if there are any websites or ways of finding and applying for an apprenticeship?

Thank you in advance.
Brighton Film School
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey!

Have you ever thought about a film school rather than a university? Film School is much more practical and you are not assessed on any academic work unlike university. Film Schools are highly recognised in the industry and a large majority of feature film directors, cinematographers and editors went to film schools. They do vary in tuition fees; however, Brighton Film School is just over £6,000 per year where you can choose to study for a Higher National Diploma or a BA.

I would strongly recommend visiting a film school open day so you can see for yourself the great transition it has from film school to the industry. However, if you are keen on an apprenticeship have you been onto Sky's website? They regularly have internships for their television production departments. Finding an apprenticeship in film will be very tricky. They often expect a certain level of qualification and a few years' experience in the craft before offering internships.

I hope this was helpful. If you are interested in checking out Brighton Film School, here is our website with open day info: www.brightonfilmschool.co.uk

Thanks

Holly

(Original post by Grade)
I was going to study film and television production at university, however I don't think uni is for me so I might do an apprenticeship instead. I am thinking of doing a film production apprenticeship, however I'm not sure how to find an apprenticeship. I've been to the findapprentice.gov site and found two that appeal to me, however I'm wondering if there are any websites or ways of finding and applying for an apprenticeship?

Thank you in advance.
Danny Dorito
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Grade)

Thank you in advance.
Just tagging a few people in
Apprenticeships Advice
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Grade)

Thank you in advance.
Hey Grade!

It's great you're looking at other options than university, and you're also finding the government apprentice website to find apprenticeships!

There are absolutely tons of websites on the web that help people like you find an apprenticeship, as an apprentice myself I find "Rate My Apprenticeship" very helpful to get an apprentice view of the possible apprenticeship you go into (works best for larger corporations due to the volume of apprentices), you can visit the site here: https://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk/apprenticeships

As well, there are other sights such as "Not Going To Uni" that shares apprenticeships, but these are most likely already on the government website:
https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/apprenticeships-223

Drop me a message if you need anything further!

I'll leave the Government website to find apprenticeships below for other people that may browse the thread:
https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...ticeshipsearch

Best of luck & thanks!

- Ben
lilmo242
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, you say you are not assessed on any academic work, yet in the website it says you need at least
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
57.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.33%

Watched Threads