The Student Room Group

Is this idea of note taking good?

So I'm going to study vet med in September, but I'm starting to think about the ways I can take lecture notes and revision notes. I can't do what I did at school when studying for A-Levels because the course is so much more demanding! So I was thinking of reading the lecture notes before hand and annotating these notes during a lecture. Then I was thinking of typing up the lecture notes/annotations/any further information I got from reading textbooks and then finally condensing this information into a flow chart/mind map type thing. Does this sound like a good idea??
Reply 1
i'd personally write everything down rather than typing it. because writing takes longer so you'd have to think more about what you're writing which stays in your brain for longer.
That just sounds like a lot of work
Original post by storm95
i'd personally write everything down rather than typing it. because writing takes longer so you'd have to think more about what you're writing which stays in your brain for longer.

I agree, although typing allows you to print off/highlight notes multiple times, which has the same effect :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by storm95

So instead of typing the lecture notes etc up on a work doc after a lecture, just write the notes out in a condensed format etc?
Reply 5
Original post by Banana fana
So instead of typing the lecture notes etc up on a work doc after a lecture, just write the notes out in a condensed format etc?

yes that's what i like to do. also highlighting and using different colors.
also whilst i do it i try understand it by also looking at lecture slides, internet for help. then when i need to memorize i just write about it in a new piece of paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending