Need some more advice about jobs

Watch
Gina Kayleigh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Like I said , 16 years old , how much will I get paid and how many hours / days will I need too work or is it different for different jobs x
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Minimum wage is £4.05 and hours depend on the job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gina Kayleigh
Rep:
?
Okay thanks x
Danny Dorito
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gina Kayleigh)
Like I said , 16 years old , how much will I get paid and how many hours / days will I need too work or is it different for different jobs x
Just tagging a few people in
Leeds City College
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
Just tagging a few people in
Minimum wage for under 18 is £4.05, which rises to £5.60 when you turn 18. Apprenticeship wages are £3.50 and are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.

I would always say look for the opportunities and the money will take care of itself. At 16, are you wanting to really go straight into work? If so, then an apprenticeship or traineeship might be worth exploring.

Good luck
Rav
Capita Careers UK
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

It would all depend on the employer to be honest as it can vary, standard full time contracts are usually between 37.5 and 40 hours per week and minimum wage is £4.05 unless you have applied for an apprentice role when the pay can be as low as £3.50

There is something called National Living Wage (rather than minimum wage) which is slightly higher and there are some companies that choose to pay that but the majority look at minimum wage.

I hope that this helps

Thanks

Jo
Apprenticeships Advice
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,

The National Minimum Wage for anyone under the age of 18 is £4.05 per hour. It is the down to the employer as to whether or not they decide to pay you more than this it can depend on the type of job you’re doing but this is the minimum that they must pay you.

At 16, you should be in some form of education, you can work as long as you have some form of part time study alongside. As you now need to stay in some form of education till your 18th birthday it may be best to talk through your employment and education options in more depth with an adviser at the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.

To find out more about legal working hours for 15-16 year olds please use the following link - https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/...ild-employment

I hope this helps to answer your question!
Gina Kayleigh
Rep:
?
Thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.82%
No (77)
21.1%
Not sure (66)
18.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed