The Student Room Group

Want to become a doctor but dont have A-Level Chemistry

Guys please help me out. I've already done my AS year and for A2 my subjects are Biology, Psychology and Geography. I don't want to retake a year. Is there any other way of becoming a doctor? Also what degrees do u need to have to become a doctor and what Universities in the East Midlands does a degree that can help me become a doctor? Or in there another way i.e. foundation year or such (I might be able to do AS chemistry if that helps me to get the subject to become a doctor for university). Also can u tell me this just before the third week of September as I need to complete my UCAS application. Sorry for saying a lot, any help appreciated. Thank you :smile:
Original post by friend1234
Guys please help me out. I've already done my AS year and for A2 my subjects are Biology, Psychology and Geography. I don't want to retake a year. Is there any other way of becoming a doctor? Also what degrees do u need to have to become a doctor and what Universities in the East Midlands does a degree that can help me become a doctor? Or in there another way i.e. foundation year or such (I might be able to do AS chemistry if that helps me to get the subject to become a doctor for university). Also can u tell me this just before the third week of September as I need to complete my UCAS application. Sorry for saying a lot, any help appreciated. Thank you :smile:

It may be worth trying to figure out potentional unis u would like to go to and ring them. Tell them what u have just written and they will try n guide u

There are graduate entry medicine courses that need a degree and UKCAT or GAMSAT but no specific A levels

But then again there are four unis which don't require A-level chemistry for medicine: Newcastle, UEA, Bart's and the London, and Keele
Reply 4
Original post by choco_monsterxo
It may be worth trying to figure out potentional unis u would like to go to and ring them. Tell them what u have just written and they will try n guide u

Thank you for this I could at least try to call them Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by EuropeanAcamedic
There are graduate entry medicine courses that need a degree and UKCAT or GAMSAT but no specific A levels

If you don,t mind can u give me the details on this please, it would be really grateful
If you don,t mind can u give me the details on this please, it would be really grateful

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/medicine/graduate-entry-medicine-a-guide

Look out Nottingham, St George's, Swansea, Warwick, Kings if you have a science degree and there's a couple more
Reply 7
Original post by EuropeanAcamedic
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/medicine/graduate-entry-medicine-a-guide

Look out Nottingham, St George's, Swansea, Warwick, Kings if you have a science degree and there's a couple more

Thank you for this, it is really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest