New gcse grading system help? Watch

Ddrizzy86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in Northern Ireland on the ccea exam board I did my maths a year early but I'm doing the rest of my gcses next year. Will the new grading system affect me or I'm a good
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ddrizzy86)
I'm in Northern Ireland on the ccea exam board I did my maths a year early but I'm doing the rest of my gcses next year. Will the new grading system affect me or I'm a good

Currently they are introducing them gradually hence Maths and English. Many schools have started with other subjects as well and for exams sat in 2018-2019 the two systems will run side by side.

By 2020 everyones grades will be 9:1
That means if you start your GCSE in 2018 as you are indicating then it will apply to all your exams

Here is the timetable for NI.

Summer 2017

In summer 2017, almost all learners will receive A*-G qualifications, and will see no change in the way their GCSEs are graded.

There will be a few learners receiving 9-1 grades. These learners will have taken one of a small number of 9-1 graded GCSEs available.

Summer 2018

In summer 2018, the majority of learners will receive A*-G qualifications, and will see no change in the way their GCSEs are graded.

More 9-1 graded subjects will be introduced and more learners will receive 9-1 grades.

Summer 2019

In summer 2019, the grading will change for all CCEA GCSE qualifications. The vast majority of leaners will notice a change in the way that GCSEs are graded. The C* will appear in the grading for the first time and there will be a decrease in the number of learners achieving an A* overall.

Almost all other GCSEs will be graded 9-1. By summer 2020, the remaining 9-1 graded subjects will be introduced.

http://ccea.org.uk/regulation/gcse_grading
Ddrizzy86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
That makes more sense thanks For the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads