The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Psychology and criminology help

Hey there beautiful people, I am going to be starting this course in September and wanted to know how people found it who are currently studying or have studied it already.

How is the workload and the exams?
How many days a week do you go in?
Is it a good course?
Do you have a lot of spare time at home?
Thanks in advance X
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JJ989
Hey there beautiful people, I am going to be starting this course in September and wanted to know how people found it who are currently studying or have studied it already.

How is the workload and the exams?
How many days a week do you go in?
Is it a good course?
Do you have a lot of spare time at home?
Thanks in advance X

Hi there!

It's great to hear you're starting with us this September!

I haven't taken this course but I can fill you in on a few of the 'facts'!

The assessments will vary across the course, so you may do posters, oral presentations, exams, essays or research reports, as well as your dissertation. I think this variety of assessments is really positive, especially if you struggle with a particular assessment method. We've got a great academic support service for students too called the Learning and Development Unit - they can help you plan for your written assignments, help with academic writing and referencing etc, which is really useful!

Typically you'll have 12 hours a week teaching, which is split up between four modules (so three hours teaching a week per module).

Your teaching will usually be spread over three or four days per week, depending on when the seminars and lectures fall. So the rest of the time is yours! :smile: Although of course you will have studying and assignments to complete when you're not in uni :biggrin:.

This is a great course! It's split 50/50 between psychology and criminology, so effectively you're getting two perspectives.

Hope this helps you. We're looking forward to welcoming you soon, but if you have any more questions before then, just ask!

Laura
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 2
Original post by Bucks New University
Hi there!

It's great to hear you're starting with us this September!

I haven't taken this course but I can fill you in on a few of the 'facts'!

The assessments will vary across the course, so you may do posters, oral presentations, exams, essays or research reports, as well as your dissertation. I think this variety of assessments is really positive, especially if you struggle with a particular assessment method. We've got a great academic support service for students too called the Learning and Development Unit - they can help you plan for your written assignments, help with academic writing and referencing etc, which is really useful!

Typically you'll have 12 hours a week teaching, which is split up between four modules (so three hours teaching a week per module).

Your teaching will usually be spread over three or four days per week, depending on when the seminars and lectures fall. So the rest of the time is yours! :smile: Although of course you will have studying and assignments to complete when you're not in uni :biggrin:.

This is a great course! It's split 50/50 between psychology and criminology, so effectively you're getting two perspectives.

Hope this helps you. We're looking forward to welcoming you soon, but if you have any more questions before then, just ask!

Laura

Thank you so much Laura it sounds absolutely incredible! My mind is at ease now. I could just give you a hug right about now!
Original post by JJ989
Thank you so much Laura it sounds absolutely incredible! My mind is at ease now. I could just give you a hug right about now!

Ah, you're welcome! :blush: If there's anything else you need, just shout!

Laura
Reply 4
Original post by Bucks New University
Ah, you're welcome! :blush: If there's anything else you need, just shout!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest