The Student Room Group

Household income change of circumstance

Hi - When our daughter applied to Student Finance, her Maintenance Loan was assessed against our Household income. My wife and I are now leaving the UK in September, my wife will no longer be working and we will receive no UK taxable income. What is the process for our daughter to go through Change of circumstance to investigate whether her Maintenance loan might increase?
Thanks.
Original post by Myveetwin
Hi - When our daughter applied to Student Finance, her Maintenance Loan was assessed against our Household income. My wife and I are now leaving the UK in September, my wife will no longer be working and we will receive no UK taxable income. What is the process for our daughter to go through Change of circumstance to investigate whether her Maintenance loan might increase?
Thanks.

Hi Mveetwin,

If the household income in 2017/18 will drop by 15% or more we can assess the Student Finance application based on a current year income . We will require you and your wife to complete a Current Year Income Assessment Form (CYI Form) . We can then reassess your daughter's application to see if she is eligible for any additional funding.You can download the form from the below link.
http://bit.ly/2oGKlGw
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest