Need help with A Level choices for law related degrees at uni!!!!!! Watch

dpboy00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have decided to take Politics and Classical Civilisation as A levels but i'm still stuck on what to take as the third. Do I need variety? Should I do an EPQ?.....i'm looking to do law or a law related course at university and hopefully it will be a top 10 uni.
emmamariekitty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dpboy00)
I have decided to take Politics and Classical Civilisation as A levels but i'm still stuck on what to take as the third. Do I need variety? Should I do an EPQ?.....i'm looking to do law or a law related course at university and hopefully it will be a top 10 uni.
Law doesn't require any specific subjects to get into uni so take something you really enjoy or you're good at.
An EPQ will be helpful when applying to some unis such as Leeds and Southampton and other than that it will look good on your personal statement so I'd say if you've got the time then yeah you should do one.
prostheticzeta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd take English language / Literature , History and Politics If i were you
Merpedy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was looking into doing law - English Language and History were my main choices. I then went with Psychology but that was mainly out of interest.
dpboy00
Rep:
?
Thankyou all for the replies, i ended up going with Politics, History and Classics
Lechatn0ir
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nice! I'm thinking of going down the Law route and my teachers told me it would be essential to take an analytical humanity but then I can choose whatever.

Im doing: Maths, History, Chemistry and Economics

As enrichment my school offers As Law so I'm doing that as well.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dpboy00)
For your 3rd subject id take either english literature, history or a language.
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd suggest stacking yourself up with Essay subjects.

In this instance, good examples are English Literature (and English Language if you want, but don't take EngLang on it's own), History, maybe GovPol.

A language would be excellent.
hollyoliviax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do an EPQ on a law related topic!! I'm doing law and currently study history, French and English Lit
dpboy00
Rep:
?
(Original post by hollyoliviax)
Do an EPQ on a law related topic!! I'm doing law and currently study history, French and English Lit
Yes that is my plan, i am currently trying to figure out what part of law to do my EPQ on......maybe the origins of it?? I dont know if loads of ppl do that or not though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (24)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
16.67%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
16.67%

Watched Threads