Daniellej915
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm helping someone with their student finance, she's pregnant and due in November, I told her to select no to having a dependent on the first day of term but when she has the baby what does she have to do? Will any of her student finance change?
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Daniellej915)
I'm helping someone with their student finance, she's pregnant and due in November, I told her to select no to having a dependent on the first day of term but when she has the baby what does she have to do? Will any of her student finance change?
Hi Danielle,
The student will be unable to advise of Child Dependent's until after the child is born, as we will ask for evidence of child dependent's such as birth certificate and child benefit letter.
Providing the child will live with her and is financially dependent on her during the academic year. The student may be eligible for Parental Learning Allowance and also Child Care Grant .We will also need 'Include Household Form' if the application has not been assessed using your household income and a PFF2 form( if the student lives with a partner)and a Dependents's Grants Form.

Thanks
Daniellej915
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So she needs to apply as normal and then contact student finance when she has the baby?

(Original post by Louise E SFE)
Hi Danielle,
The student will be unable to advise of Child Dependent's until after the child is born, as we will ask for evidence of child dependent's such as birth certificate and child benefit letter.
Providing the child will live with her and is financially dependent on her during the academic year. The student may be eligible for Parental Learning Allowance and also Child Care Grant .We will also need 'Include Household Form' if the application has not been assessed using your household income and a PFF2 form( if the student lives with a partner)and a Dependents's Grants Form.

Thanks
Stuart SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Daniellej915)
So she needs to apply as normal and then contact student finance when she has the baby?
Hi Danielle,

Yes, that's correct.

Thanks,

Stuart
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (124)
41.47%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.37%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.04%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.35%

Watched Threads