Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AAB or ABB? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i reckon i could get AAB nxt year, if i try hard. i didn't get exteemely gud as results, A=art, B=bio, B=maths, C=chem (1 mark form a B), and i dropped art even tho i got 300/300 lol! but i think i spent way too much time on art anyway, so i cud hav got betta grades. uh i fink i'll apply to QM, kings, UCL/st.georges, and imperial or BSMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotboi01)
    i reckon i could get AAB nxt year, if i try hard. i didn't get exteemely gud as results, A=art, B=bio, B=maths, C=chem (1 mark form a B), and i dropped art even tho i got 300/300 lol! but i think i spent way too much time on art anyway, so i cud hav got betta grades. uh i fink i'll apply to QM, kings, UCL/st.georges, and imperial or BSMS

Nice choices, are you limited to London/The South? If not I would maybe think about popping an 'ABB' option down...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Nice choices, are you limited to London/The South? If not I would maybe think about popping an 'ABB' option down...
    Have UCL changed their offers because they offered my ABB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Have UCL changed their offers because they offered my ABB?
    Yes - all the UoL schools have upped to AAB for 2005 entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Yes - all the UoL schools have upped to AAB for 2005 entry.
    Oh, That seems a bit extreme. I wouldn't have got into medicine if the grades had been that high last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Oh, That seems a bit extreme. I wouldn't have got into medicine if the grades had been that high last year.

they were raised to stop certian UoL schools constantly being put down as insurance choices and to therefore make the job of admissions in estimating the number of places offered:number of places availaible estimates a little less unpredicable.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, quick question for a mate who like for myself is applying to do medicine. His predicted grades are AAA but the boy has no work experience at all and i keep telling that he will be seriously hindering his chance to study medicine. Am i worrying for no reason or should i keep on his case about getting w/e. Another thing he wanted to know is that if his predicted grades are AAA will his, if successful, provisional offer be AAB or will they require him to achieve his predicted grades.
    Thanks to anyone who replies!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    Hi, quick question for a mate who like for myself is applying to do medicine. His predicted grades are AAA but the boy has no work experience at all and i keep telling that he will be seriously hindering his chance to study medicine. Am i worrying for no reason or should i keep on his case about getting w/e. Another thing he wanted to know is that if his predicted grades are AAA will his, if successful, provisional offer be AAB or will they require him to achieve his predicted grades.
    I was predicted AAA and the offers I got were AAB, and two ABB so depending on where he applies to he should get the standard offer for that university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    No, he will only have to satisfy the conditional offer.
    And yes work experience is imperative for such a competitive course as medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Dr Ed for the info on St George's It shall be good news for one of my friends.

Our school is below the 245 according to that site (Even though the average point score in the newsletter was 300 ....) so she now has another ABB option!

ReputationRep:
    what are you talking about? my friend just got into Hull-York med sch with ABC even tho her offer was ABB. maybe its just that clearing places are filling up, in which case, reapply next yr!

ReputationRep:
    "Applicants who are predicted AABb to BBCb will be considered for interview Offers will be the same as the predicted A level grades "
    (taken from the stgeorges(london) website)

Surely this means if my predicted Alevel grades were AAA, then StGeorges will give me a conditional offer of AAA, doesn't it ?

ReputationRep:
    No that is not the case. The offers they give are based on your interview performance. A friend of mine predicted AAB, got the offer ABB from Georges, equally, people predicted AAA were given BBB offers as they were that damn good in interview!

ReputationRep:
    my gp has two sons who go to uni in london and told me that they usually accept lower grades due to high fees....
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *angelface*)
    my gp has two sons who go to uni in london and told me that they usually accept lower grades due to high fees....
    xxxx
    Not true anymore... from 2005 they will all be AAB, as already stated.

ReputationRep:
    why do they say "Offers will be the same as the predicted A level grades" then?

They should sort out their literature!

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I know im diverting from the thread title a little bit, but my question does have quite alot of relevance. Basically, i want to know that when a university offers you a conditional offer of AAB to study medicine, what are the odds that both the A's have to be in science subjects, bearing in mind, im taking Biology, Chemistry and History at A Level. If people know of this or have past experience in this situation then please enlighten me Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-k)
    why do they say "Offers will be the same as the predicted A level grades" then?

They should sort out their literature!
    That means your predicted grades have to be at least AAB! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    Hi. I know im diverting from the thread title a little bit, but my question does have quite alot of relevance. Basically, i want to know that when a university offers you a conditional offer of AAB to study medicine, what are the odds that both the A's have to be in science subjects, bearing in mind, im taking Biology, Chemistry and History at A Level. If people know of this or have past experience in this situation then please enlighten me Thanks!!

It depends on the offer made. it might be AAB in any subject, it might be AAB with an A in Chem etc. It varies from person to person, from school to school...

ReputationRep:
    294 :mad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.