The Student Room Group

Missed my grades to study medicine :(

Okay so I'm from a states school 1 of 5 children from a low income family and gained 5 A*'S 2 A's and 2 B's at GCSE. Was given a place to study medicine for ABB as I'd passed an assignement with the medical school. However, I was ill during a week full of exams and visited the doctors and spoke to the medical school so during that day where I had an exam clash I messed up the papers which pulled my grades down to BBC (B in biology a few marks off an A, B in chemistry and a C in french as I got a U in the a2 paper where I had an exam clash). However, my french teacher has a feeling that the a2 french papers weren't marked properly as 3 paper gained u's in that exam so if my grade was to go up after the remark it would most likely be a B. I'm getting my biology paper remarked as it was close to an A. However, I'm lost at the moment as I've gone through clearing through pharmacy and am gutted and heart broken that I missed my chances to study medicine due to messing up my exams. Do I go and study pharmacy as it's a realistic degree with prospectus, a job at the end where I could work part time to fund my post grad medicine? What are the chances? Or do I resit and apply to the limited few medical schools? I'm extremely lost at the moment and unsure what to do, medicine has been my dream since being young and I know that it's the career path for me :frown:. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest