A level -advice in year 13 dreading it

Watch this thread
1_Zainn_
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I'm going to year 13 and I just wanted to know is it possible for me to get bbc or even bbb in my Alevels.

My mock results are B in aqa psychology
D in OCR history and E in sociology OCR.

The reason I have E in sociology is I never had teacher all year 12 apart from my first 4 months in the course I only covered paper 1 which I forgot now . I got new teacher in year 13 and just wanted to know would it be for me to get a C in sociology , meaning I have to revise paper1 again aswell new content from paper 2 and 3, also while doing ucas and history coursework , aswell as psy and history revision /memorisation.

How many days would you recommend me revising in order to get those grades I stated above , bearing in my circumstance. Also to just let u now psy is my fav I wanna study it at uni along with criminology maybe
Queenmedb
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 1_Zainn_)
Hi I'm going to year 13 and I just wanted to know is it possible for me to get bbc or even bbb in my Alevels.

My mock results are B in aqa psychology
D in OCR history and E in sociology OCR.

The reason I have E in sociology is I never had teacher all year 12 apart from my first 4 months in the course I only covered paper 1 which I forgot now . I got new teacher in year 13 and just wanted to know would it be for me to get a C in sociology , meaning I have to revise paper1 again aswell new content from paper 2 and 3, also while doing ucas and history coursework , aswell as psy and history revision /memorisation.

How many days would you recommend me revising in order to get those grades I stated above , bearing in my circumstance. Also to just let u now psy is my fav I wanna study it at uni along with criminology maybe

Yeah it's completely possible, you just have to work hard. UCAS should be over by December and teachers can give you time to work on coursework in class. It just means you have to do more work in your frees/ during weekday evenings if you want to go out on the weekends. Start revision early and organise your time and you'll be fine

IDK about how many days in advance to revise for but basically I revised for my mocks in Dec from halloween, I also did on and off revsion during the year slowly building up the amount of work I was doing and making use of free time during mid term and Easter. Mostly revising daily for 1/2- hours a day between Easter and study leave and then was doing like 5hours a day when study leave hit.
Basically build up during the year and you'll have less to do at study leave- you can just focus on memorisation.
I also was able to complete most of my homework during my frees which left weekday evenings perfect for studying
hollyoliviax
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Of course it's possible! You'd just have to work really really hard and get your predicted grades to that so unis want to accept you - I'm going to start revising from Christmas
1_Zainn_
Rep:
(Original post by Queenmedb)
Yeah it's completely possible, you just have to work hard. UCAS should be over by December and teachers can give you time to work on coursework in class. It just means you have to do more work in your frees/ during weekday evenings if you want to go out on the weekends. Start revision early and organise your time and you'll be fine

IDK about how many days in advance to revise for but basically I revised for my mocks in Dec from halloween, I also did on and off revsion during the year slowly building up the amount of work I was doing and making use of free time during mid term and Easter. Mostly revising daily for 1/2- hours a day between Easter and study leave and then was doing like 5hours a day when study leave hit.
Basically build up during the year and you'll have less to do at study leave- you can just focus on memorisation.
I also was able to complete most of my homework during my frees which left weekday evenings perfect for studying
Thanks a lot really helpful and informative
1_Zainn_
Rep:
(Original post by hollyoliviax)
Of course it's possible! You'd just have to work really really hard and get your predicted grades to that so unis want to accept you - I'm going to start revising from Christmas
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (124)
29.18%
It went fairly well (206)
48.47%
It didn't go too well (62)
14.59%
TERRIBLE! (33)
7.76%

Watched Threads