username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Im not even doing A-levels until next year since I'm heading to year 11 in a couple of weeks but I have found my interest and my future is for once clear for me as to what I want to do.

I want to take Biology,Psychology and History for A-Levels and then move on to doing a branch of biology such as Biological Sciences or Genetics at Uni.

And for a career I want to be a Medical Research Scientist!

What about you?
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
Im not even doing A-levels until next year since I'm heading to year 11 in a couple of weeks but I have found my interest and my future is for once clear for me as to what I want to do.

I want to take Biology,Psychology and History for A-Levels and then move on to doing a branch of biology such as Biological Sciences or Genetics at Uni.

What about you?
I remember revising for my GCSE B3 Biology exam and thinking this is what I want to go into in the future I went onto do biology, psychology, RS and chem at A-level. I'm now going to study Biomedical Sciences at uni but I don't really know what I want to do as a career.
SlashaRussia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

What about you?
You might want to think about Chemisty for A levels by the way! A lot of unis require it for any sciences, especially anything along the medical route!

A lot of unis will require two sciences for any degree with science, but be careful since the majority do not look at Psychology as a science, so you might need to think about taking Chemistry too!
username3444162
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlashaRussia)
You might want to think about Chemisty for A levels by the way! A lot of unis require it for any sciences, especially anything along the medical route!

A lot of unis will require two sciences for any degree with science, but be careful since the majority do not look at Psychology as a science, so you might need to think about taking Chemistry too!
Which degrees that are science based don't require chemistry but only need biology
SlashaRussia
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Which degrees that are science based don't require chemistry but only need biology
Well physics based degrees usually only require physics and maths, but looking at what you wanna do that's not something that would of much interest to you ^.^''

Otherwise, I am not really sure if there are. Most of the Medicine and biology based courses require chemistry... But, there are many unis that consider Psychology as a science still, so you would just have to look around at Uni's you wanna go to and see what they think.
SlashaRussia
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Again, most uni's will prefer if you have maths + science, or 2 sciences instead for a science based course. However I don't know about specific courses...
Ruby1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

What about you?
Great A Levels! At the university of Leeds and Manchester you can study the majority of subjects (other than biochemistry) in the schools of biological sciences without chemistry! And they're fab RG unis - So I assume it's the same at a lot of unis! A lot class psychology as a science - so you're fine!

(From what I know - you can do genetics, medical science and Biological sciences at the above unis with just biology and psychology and no chem!)
Best of luck!
username3487706
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's great! It's good that you're so motivated and have a plan.

Good luck for the year ahead
username3444162
Rep:
?
(Original post by moonandstars1)
That's great! It's good that you're so motivated and have a plan.

Good luck for the year ahead
Thanks. Good luck to you aswell with whatever your studying =!
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Report 2 years ago
OP, you can have a look here at universities' subject entry requirements: http://search.ucas.com/search/provid...e&SubjectCode=

Like the other person said, there will be some unis that require chemistry or another science (like physics or maths) but this depends on the uni and there are unis that will accept psychology as a science.
username3444162
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlashaRussia)
Well physics based degrees usually only require physics and maths, but looking at what you wanna do that's not something that would of much interest to you ^.^''

Otherwise, I am not really sure if there are. Most of the Medicine and biology based courses require chemistry... But, there are many unis that consider Psychology as a science still, so you would just have to look around at Uni's you wanna go to and see what they think.
Thanks you've been so helpful!
SlashaRussia
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks you've been so helpful!
No problem! Just wanna help people out to make sure that they can do what they wanna do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (162)
58.91%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
24%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.09%

Watched Threads