The Student Room Group

Called in early for GCSE results?

So there was an email that went out this morning telling us all to come in at 9:15 at the earliest for results, but I (and my friend, and presumably others) got a call later telling me to come in an hour earlier for 'photos'? According to someone in a higher year, this means I'm in the highest band of results and it's for the newspaper, but I don't want to start celebrating now just in case. Anyone else have experience of this, or are being told to collect them early tomorrow as well?
Reply 1
Original post by grace k
So there was an email that went out this morning telling us all to come in at 9:15 at the earliest for results, but I (and my friend, and presumably others) got a call later telling me to come in an hour earlier for 'photos'? According to someone in a higher year, this means I'm in the highest band of results and it's for the newspaper, but I don't want to start celebrating now just in case. Anyone else have experience of this, or are being told to collect them early tomorrow as well?

I got a call for this too. Interesting. I'm predicted 10 A* so I'm definitely a high achiever so it could just be that.
Reply 2
Original post by Quizlet
I got a call for this too. Interesting. I'm predicted 10 A* so I'm definitely a high achiever so it could just be that.

That's what I hope it is. I'm trying to message different people from my school to see how many people got asked.
Well done guys
That means you did amazing on GCSE then.... Well done.
Reply 5
Original post by That'sGreat
Well done guys

Original post by Agent456
That means you did amazing on GCSE then.... Well done.

Thank you both, I definitely hope so.
No worries, I hope I did good :/
Reply 7
Original post by Agent456
No worries, I hope I did good :/

good luck, praying for you x
Reply 8
What time did you get the call?
Yep that means you did well, I had a similar call 2 years ago too, well done! 😊

The people that called in for my year group had results ranging from 3A* - 10 A* if your wondering how good 'well' is
Reply 10
Original post by e2014
What time did you get the call?

Original post by Mesopotamian.
Yep that means you did well, I had a similar call 2 years ago too, well done! 😊

The people that called in for my year group had results ranging from 3A* - 10 A* if your wondering how good 'well' is

Sometime around two o'clock- why?

And if that's the case I'll be so happy. Thank you :smile:
The likelihood here is that you've done very well - so congratulations!! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Congratulations! I'm hoping that I did well myself.
Yes you have good results cuz my when my sister got her a levels she had a call also

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Paracosm
The likelihood here is that you've done very well - so congratulations!! :biggrin:

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Congratulations! I'm hoping that I did well myself.

Original post by princess770
Yes you have good results cuz my when my sister got her a levels she had a call also

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks!! hahah congratulations aren't in order just yet though, for all I know it might be a generic school photo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Congrats, btw does every school do this?
Original post by grace k

What happened? I know it’s a year since you posted this but I’m receiving my GCSE results tomorrow and I’ve got a call to go in early and I’m really nervous about it x
Original post by Abi Maria
What happened? I know it’s a year since you posted this but I’m receiving my GCSE results tomorrow and I’ve got a call to go in early and I’m really nervous about it x

you know . i just posted a whole thread bout this right?
Reply 19
Original post by DreamChaser2001
Congrats, btw does every school do this?

nope! Every school has photos BUT not every school sends notifications or calls people in early. my school for example has results at 9am anyway, and they'll take photos then and there. not at any point before.