The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Private Halls-Postgraduate Student

I am an International Postgraduate Student at UoS starting this September. I was looking for private student halls as I've heard they are cheaper than university accommodation and better in terms of facilities.

However, since I can't visit locations and properties myself, can someone suggest me renowned place near Winter Street where my department is? So far I've found Derwent Students but it's a bit far and the internet reviews are not that good. If anyone as other suggestion, please let me know!

Thank you!
Sheffield 3 will be fine, it's part university accommodation so it does have to achieve a certain standard now. It's also not that far, most first year students will be walking double that distance.

There's also Aspect 3.

You could also look for rooms in a house, you could find some located in Crookesmoor or Walkley which are aimed at postgrads. On the topic of this, avoid Netherthorpe and Upperthorpe.

You have left it quite late though and I think you will struggle to find much, you will likely need to make some compromises.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
Sheffield 3 will be fine, it's part university accommodation so it does have to achieve a certain standard now. It's also not that far, most first year students will be walking double that distance.

There's also Aspect 3.

You could also look for rooms in a house, you could find some located in Crookesmoor or Walkley which are aimed at postgrads. On the topic of this, avoid Netherthorpe and Upperthorpe.

You have left it quite late though and I think you will struggle to find much, you will likely need to make some compromises.

Thank you for your reply! Sheffield 3 is unfortunately completely booked, I was wondering if you know how Sheffield 2 is like?

Also have you heard of Central Quay from unite students?

Thank you!
Original post by sgodil
Thank you for your reply! Sheffield 3 is unfortunately completely booked, I was wondering if you know how Sheffield 2 is like?

Also have you heard of Central Quay from unite students?

Thank you!

From what I remember it's pretty much the same as Sheffield 3.

Yes, I've been to Central Quay a couple times, it's nice but is a bit further away
Reply 4
Original post by Helloworld_95
From what I remember it's pretty much the same as Sheffield 3.

Yes, I've been to Central Quay a couple times, it's nice but is a bit further away

Ya, I gathered from Google Maps that Central Quay is further away. I'm looking into Sheffield 2 right now.

If you know of any other places please let me know. I've looked at Omnia Space too but it is kind of expensive and booked as well.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending