Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who has finished or is currently doing A Level Law? If so, how are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    (why is it that half the time it refuses to post what I say? I've had to bloody retype all this! :mad: )

Anyway I did OCR law so I can only really tell you about that, but it's probably similar to other exam boards! A2 was definitely more enjoyable as you learn about the law itself. Hopefully you'll be doing criminal law because that's probably the most interesting. The thing is though that there is about twice as much to learn, including over a hundred cases & statutes you'll need to know!

Another difference is that one of the papers is geared towards evaluation of the law. This can be good or bad depending on how good at this you are! For me it was great, I got 109/120 for it! You just need to know what to write, and develop your own opinions on the law. Don't be afraid to criticise it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkysdream)
    Is there anyone who has finished or is currently doing A Level Law? If so, how are you finding it?
    I loved it. I did it at OCR, and did the English Legal System at AS Levle (mostly straightforward, but harder in some areas) and Criminal Law at A2. Criminal Law is definitely harder, but it's much much more interesting. If you're good at essay based subjects, and can think analytically, then you might find it interesting.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.