The Student Room Group

I have no friends help

I'm starting sixth form at my current school soon and I know a lot of people. My old friends are going, but I found after knowing them for a long time they were all complete *******s. So, I have literally no one.... my boyfriend is pretty much my bestfriend and my only friend 😂 we've been together for 2 years and a bit, and starting school without him to hang out with worries me because I don't want to be lonely. I probably sound so sad rn it's unbelievable but honestly I'm stuck as the only groups there are are: my old ******* friends, popular stuck up girls and my boyfriends mates which would seem a bit weird to start befriending them. I mean it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had no friends, but I feel left out as when my boyfriend goes out to see friends I get jealous as I wish I had the chance to do that, too. Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Honestly, just talk to someone. Be open to people you wouldn't usually talk to, join a society if they do that at your school, volunteer as often as you can, the more you put in to anything, oftentimes the more you get out. good luck :smile: x
Hi there i can empathise i was in a similar situation. What i did was make friends with someone in my subject class. I made friends with 1 person and she introduced me to the group and they were all really nice so i was fortunate. If that is proving hard, try to be a friend to everyone then you wont feel the group pressure and you wont be lonely -also try and talk to new people who are entering sixth form they could always do with friends
Original post by Pinkpomegranate
I'm starting sixth form at my current school soon and I know a lot of people. My old friends are going, but I found after knowing them for a long time they were all complete *******s. So, I have literally no one.... my boyfriend is pretty much my bestfriend and my only friend 😂 we've been together for 2 years and a bit, and starting school without him to hang out with worries me because I don't want to be lonely. I probably sound so sad rn it's unbelievable but honestly I'm stuck as the only groups there are are: my old ******* friends, popular stuck up girls and my boyfriends mates which would seem a bit weird to start befriending them. I mean it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had no friends, but I feel left out as when my boyfriend goes out to see friends I get jealous as I wish I had the chance to do that, too. Any suggestions?

welcome to the club girl, by the end of highschool/college you'll be thankful to have only him by your side. Whatever you do, don't force yourself. Be natural, if they don't wanna continue convo with you, thats their loss. id suggest to join volunteer groups/after school activities
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending