The Student Room Group

Need help with passport

I know this is so stupid but my uncle has booked me a holiday to benidorm next week for my birthday but the only problem is I don't have a passport!!! Does anyone know if there is a way I could have a passport by next Friday?
Original post by bellseyboy
I know this is so stupid but my uncle has booked me a holiday to benidorm next week for my birthday but the only problem is I don't have a passport!!! Does anyone know if there is a way I could have a passport by next Friday?

If it's your first adult passport, it can take a few weeks. If it's a renewal, you can do fast track.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
If it's your first adult passport, it can take a few weeks. If it's a renewal, you can do fast track.

And there's no way of fast tracking a first time?
And there's no way of fast tracking a first time?

No. Usually you need an interview.

Call the passport advice line immediately on: 0300 222 0000
lines open 0800 to 2000 Monday to Friday

If you are a UK citizen, have previously held a passport and live in the UK, then you can get one using the Premium 1 day service. This costs £128 non-refundable.

If it's your first passport then it will take up to 6 weeks. But do call the helpline as they will have the full and correct information.

To do this you will be called into the passport office for an interview at a specific time.

You will need:

2 x identical, regulation compliant passport photographs. These will need to be countersigned;
Completed paper application form (available at you local post office);
Supporting documents.

Make sure you follow the instructions very, very, carefully as mistakes will delay you even further.

Check out the government website which has the full information and download the explanatory booklet:

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/what-to-take-to-your-appointment

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/applying-for-a-passport

Good luck !
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest